Any investors/collectors in Los angeles

donliu

do you all know about this? groupon gets you a good discount on this convention in Pasadena in August: http://brickfestlive.com/

google "lego convention pasadena groupon" and they are selling tix for $20

Brickfest Live is a different show than Bricks LA.  Bricks LA is in May, Brickfest Live (the link you sent) is in August.

Don't show up in May with tickets for the August show...you'll be disappointed.

buidee, I didn't know you were there.  We should have met up.  I was there too.

Yes, like buidee, I found out about BricksLA at Star Wars Days.  I'd really like to go.  Looks pretty good.  It should be an easy sell to the wife, especially if there's a play area for our kids.

No problem, we should hook up.  I'm in Irvine.  I have three young kids below 8.  I would support any Lego  Convention in Southern Calif.

• 1 month later...

Dang!  I couldn't remember what it was called, or when it was.

I'll see if I can convince the wife to go at the last minute.  I wanted to drag the entire family along, as I've always wanted to go to something like this, and we never seem to have one in SoCal.

I will do my best to get there.  Good luck DadsAFOL on vending.

​Name of your booth?

​Sorry, Jay, I didn't see your post until now.  We're Constructibles so you are coming tomorrow, stop by and say hi.

For a first-year convention, I thought the turnout was great!  They need a bigger room next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Popping in to say hi.  I'm on the LA/OC border and just coming out of the dark ages - found my 1980s Lego space sets and tossing out the pieces I chewed on as a kid :P  Hope to see you guys around.

You just missed our LUG meeting on Saturday. Next one will be mid-July.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Wonder if I may be able to ask some help please?

Slightly random question - but here goes:

I'm a TV reporter for a network called CGTN America. We're a global news channel which broadcasts on cable to the US and beyond out of Washington, Beijing and Nairobi. I'm the LA Correspondent, which is why I've posted here.

I'm actually working on a story about Lego collectors and why it's a serious investment these days, rather than just kids' toys. I'm looking to do some filming with one (or more) Lego collectors who are really passionate about their bricks and interview them (not live, just recorded!)

I was wondering if anybody here may be able to help please? Happy to take it off board and give you my email if you want to PM me and I can then send you further info.

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Phil

23 minutes ago, phillavelle said:

Hi guys,

Wonder if I may be able to ask some help please?

Slightly random question - but here goes:

I'm a TV reporter for a network called CGTN America. We're a global news channel which broadcasts on cable to the US and beyond out of Washington, Beijing and Nairobi. I'm the LA Correspondent, which is why I've posted here.

I'm actually working on a story about Lego collectors and why it's a serious investment these days, rather than just kids' toys. I'm looking to do some filming with one (or more) Lego collectors who are really passionate about their bricks and interview them (not live, just recorded!)

I was wondering if anybody here may be able to help please? Happy to take it off board and give you my email if you want to PM me and I can then send you further info.

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Phil

Please contact @Jeff Mack and @Ed Mack

• Like 1