How long to wait before reporting bad trader?

stackables

I made a trade with a trader from another board.  I sent my part of the trade on the 18th.  It has been more than 10 days since the individual has contacted me via pm and I still haven't received the figures promised to me.  So when should I start plastering his name all over the trade sites?

That's most of my issue. I really don't understand, barring a real emergency, how someone who agreed to complete a transaction/trade can't take a few minutes of their time to update the other party. Maybe it's only me, but I prefer to be a pain and update the buyer/trader of anything I believe they should know or if there is any delay or problem.

That's most of my issue. I really don't understand, barring a real emergency, how someone who agreed to complete a transaction/trade can't take a few minutes of their time to update the other party. Maybe it's only me, but I prefer to be a pain and update the buyer/trader of anything I believe they should know or if there is any delay or problem.

That is exactly how I am.  I tell the person exactly when I can/will send the items and if something happens I immediately let them know.  I always send another pm/email when I actually send the item.  Seems like common courtesy.  You would assume most people check their emails at least once a day.  Doesn't take too long to respond stating what the delay is. 

First class post in the US, even if it is parcel first class, should only take about 5 days from coast to coast.  If you're a couple states away, it's about 2 days.  Anything over a week and I would be all over his butt.  The fact that he's not answering pm's is very troubling and a huge red flag.  I'm sorry, but I would assume the worst here.  He obviously doesn't care about his reputation on whatever board you made the trade.  If it's on Eurobricks, there is an entire thread devoted to trades, and tons of members that will be on this person like stink on crap.  Best of luck.

Pretty sure this person is ignoring your PMs. At the most it only takes about a minute to reply to someone and let them know what's going on. And even in an emergency situation, well, with cell phones and tablets and how connected people are in their every day lives I would bet that they have checked their email at least once in that 10 day time frame. :P

• 1 month later...

Well, here is an update to this trade.  Out of nowhere, I got an email from the guy stating you wouldn't believe what happened and that I would be very happy with the deal.  Yesterday, I received the figures I was suppose to receive plus the figures I sent him and 3 additional figures.  I totally wrote this guy off.  It took around 6 weeks but everything turned out for the good.  Happy trader here :)

Well, here is an update to this trade.  Out of nowhere, I got an email from the guy stating you wouldn't believe what happened and that I would be very happy with the deal.  Yesterday, I received the figures I was suppose to receive plus the figures I sent him and 3 additional figures.  I totally wrote this guy off.  It took around 6 weeks but everything turned out for the good.  Happy trader here :)

Heh, random crap like that sometimes can work out. Nice.