Dad and son = good find/luck at TRU (CAN)

weakside

At the local mall with wife/mom shopping for clothes today...decided to take my almost 4yr old son to TRU just to look around.  Give mommy free space and looking at toys is way better than carrying bags/tagging along ;)  Thought might as well ask a cashier if they still have those Robin red cycle polybags.  They lady checked and said yes we do have one left :)  Perfect...I told her to save that for me and I will be right back with a Super Heroes purchase.  She said any single purchase will do (before there was a min $30 purchase) and also handed a free Elrond polybag to my son!

Cap America Cycle cost me a whopping $20.33 including taxes but got Robin Red Cycle and Elrond polybags free.  I like the prices I'm seeing for Robin on ebay.  Got my son a treat at Diary Queen for his help haha.   

*there were only 2 beat up Catwoman boxes left...but like 20 boxes of Cap Am?!  I thought it would be the other way around.       

• Like 1

At the local mall with wife/mom shopping for clothes today...decided to take my almost 4yr old son to TRU just to look around.  Give mommy free space and looking at toys is way better than carrying bags/tagging along ;)  Thought might as well ask a cashier if they still have those Robin red cycle polybags.  They lady checked and said yes we do have one left :)  Perfect...I told her to save that for me and I will be right back with a Super Heroes purchase.  She said any single purchase will do (before there was a min $30 purchase) and also handed a free Elrond polybag to my son!

Cap America Cycle cost me a whopping $20.33 including taxes but got Robin Red Cycle and Elrond polybags free.  I like the prices I'm seeing for Robin on ebay.  Got my son a treat at Diary Queen for his help haha.   

*there were only 2 beat up Catwoman boxes left...but like 20 boxes of Cap Am?!  I thought it would be the other way around.       

Wow, great score! I really want one of those Red Robin polys. When they first came out I saw a few on eBay for around $12-$15 US and passed figuring they'd go much lower. I may ending up kicking myself really hard about that, as I already own every other Super Heroes poly there is and definately need this one for the collection.

Also, I'm quite jealous of the Cap Cycle find. I did not get nearly as many of these as I had wanted before they went bye-bye (I only have 5  :geek: ). I haven't seen one in any of the 15-20 stores that I frequent to buy LEGO in over a month. They just disappeared. Waiting around for discounts left me empty handed from online avenues too. Oh, the regret! I can still get them from TRU.com I think, but at $15 US, and a limit of two per customer. Also, no free shipping and tax. Boo. 

yeah, you never know if they might have a few left...worth the check.  Obviously if we could of predicted this nice increase in value we would have cleared out stocked on day 1.  I remember stock was just sitting there for couple weeks after the promo...opportunity was ripe for savvy investors.

Capt America $20! thats ridiculous.