The new Wolverine movie

sadowsk1

My wife and I were having a discussion about the new Wolverine movie and how it seemed as though he wanted to die but didn't know how.  I said that Wolverine could jump into the ocean and that should effectively kill him because of the pressure under water should cause him to not only drown but explode.  She disagrees.  Any thoughts?

Just as long as you know that no matter which of you ends up being right, she's still "right", everything will turn out all.... right.  :twitch:

(I do not have a extensive grasp of Wolverine's physiology - other than the obvious that would be noticed by any red-blooded female - so I do not have an opinion on the real question.  :queen:  )

Ah, the classic "How to effectively kill Wolverine" discussion which feels rather similar to the "How to kill a Werewolf besides silver bullets" topic. I understand he can heal very quickly and his cells don't degrade the same as a regular person which is why he has been around for a long time but he isn't completely immortal. I'm pretty sure if you were to cut his head clean off, he would die just like Connor Macleod.

The adimantium spine makes removing the head difficult. But I would have to say the Adimantium would take him right to the bottom of the ocean and I don't see how the fleshy bits could survive.

I would agree. Healing powers or not, how could anyone survive being drowned and reaching the farthest point in the sea? His body and lungs would be crushed like an aluminum can or pretty close to one, I imagine.

Ah, the classic "How to effectively kill Wolverine" discussion which feels rather similar to the "How to kill a Werewolf besides silver bullets" topic. I understand he can heal very quickly and his cells don't degrade the same as a regular person which is why he has been around for a long time but he isn't completely immortal. I'm pretty sure if you were to cut his head clean off, he would die just like Connor Macleod.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. This is canon (for the Ultimate universe)

Nick Fury decapitates Logan. And then they have a conversation.

Also, Hulk rips him in two and tosses his legs up a mountain. Logan drags himself up the mountain to retrieve his bottom half.

Woverine's only been killed in alternate dimensions or the future. Usually a blast of energy destroys all his tissue at once, leaving behind just his adamantium skeleton.

I think drowning him would work, though. You'd have to keep him underwater until his cells stopped trying to resuscitate him.

But if you just dropped him down Marianas Trench he'd probably be saved by aliens or Magneto B)

send him into space. not sure if the water pressure would kill/crush him since his bones are adamantium, but it would be my second option behind sending him to the sun in a rocket or just leaving him on the moon. not sure if the lack of oxygen would kill him, and if it did he could probably regenerate given more oxygen...but the sun seems like a safe bet.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. This is canon (for the Ultimate universe)

Nick Fury decapitates Logan. And then they have a conversation.

Also, Hulk rips him in two and tosses his legs up a mountain. Logan drags himself up the mountain to retrieve his bottom half.

Woverine's only been killed in alternate dimensions or the future. Usually a blast of energy destroys all his tissue at once, leaving behind just his adamantium skeleton.

I think drowning him would work, though. You'd have to keep him underwater until his cells stopped trying to resuscitate him.

But if you just dropped him down Marianas Trench he'd probably be saved by aliens or Magneto B)

Man alive, Logan really is one tough son-of-a-b***h! Some of that sounds like Captain Jack from the new Doctor Who TV series and then Torchwood. Guy gets blown up from the inside out with a bomb which caused a ridiculously HUGE explosion, and somehow he comes back all in one piece!

This is off topic, but still about movies and didn't want to start a new thread. What movie looks the best: Avengers 2 age of ultron, Superman and batman or X-men days of future past.

Do any of these have trailers? I am a sucker for the X-men, although Superman and Batman sounds pretty sweet.

Not an expert at all, but didn't Lady Death Strike die from being submerged in the pool of adamantium....doesn't she have basically the same power? I may be off so don't blast me!

I remember her being infused with adamantium and had a healing ability from her cybernetic enhancements but I don't think she shared the exact same kind of healing power Logan did. His was natural but hers were 'implants'. :lol: I'm not sure if even Logan could survive falling into a pool of adamantium with his natural healing abilities. The mind doth wonder.... :scratchhead:

This is off topic, but still about movies and didn't want to start a new thread. What movie looks the best: Avengers 2 age of ultron, Superman and batman or X-men days of future past.

Ooo, Ultron! Hell yeah! That's the next villian Lego needs to do. Back that up, that's the next villian Lego must do. :good: