What Star Wars set does Ewok Village compare to?

I was writing an article about some of the new Star Wars sets last night and was mentioning this one. I can not for the life of me find a set that really compares to it.

It is like a playset, but not a ship. It's open world - like several sets put together.

The only thing I could come up with that remotely compared was the Death Star 10188.

Any ideas?

From a modular perspective, it reminds me of the 1980s Crusaders and Black Falcons sets (castle and smaller sets) that could be combined to make larger sets. However, these were sold as seperate sets.

Yeah definitely. I saw some like this that kind of compared, but they had to be added together.

It was really what the SW theme needed as it had been pretty bland for several years.

Captain Obvious here. To me it compares to a set that will be a hot commodity once the EV is released...8038 The Battle of Endor. While not as large, Endor is an open world play set and has lots of figs (12).

That's exactly the reason I picked up a EV a month or so ago for under MSRP locally.