Lot of 12 Star Wars sets

I just bargined someone down quite a bit for these used no boxes just instructions ( he says complete ) star wars sets.

LEGO 6212 Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter = $41.60

LEGO 7656 Star Wars General Grievous Starfighter = $23.23

LEGO 7660 Star Wars Naboo N1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid = $17.38

LEGO 7663 Star Wars Sith Infiltrator = $19.87

LEGO 7665 Star Wars Republic Cruiser = $73.61

LEGO 7671 Star Wars AT-AP Walker = $45.93

LEGO 8015 Star Wars Assassin Droids Battle = $10.13

LEGO 8017 Star Wars Darth Vader's TIE Fighter = $44.24

LEGO 8036 Star Wars Separatists Shuttle = $18.84

LEGO 8086 Star Wars Trifighter Droid = $12.87

LEGO 8089 Star Wars Hoth Wampa = $31.76

LEGO 10178 Star Wars Motorized Walking AT-AT = 218.36

Could use some advice. I can pick all of these up for $400 rite now 1 hour and a half round trip drive. Would you do this deal ??? New to investing. Pros and Cons of Used sets ??? Thanks for the help.

comes out to about $550 if you were to resell them right away and made the brickpicker price. I don't think it's worth it if that is your plan. once you calculate fees (over $50 if on ebay) and driving (time and gas $), you would be making less than $100 for a lot of work. If you wanted to keep them and/or sell them later on it's not a terrible price, but I would definitely not go for it unless you could get it down some more. on second thought, looking at a few of the sets, they probably won't go up too much more, so I'd probably get the lot for $300 tops (prices might go up a little by the holidays)

For an hour and a half drive, and at that price, I wouldn't do it. Call me a pessimist, but I'm just not really feeling most of those sets. I'm sure you could sell a few for some gains, but it just doesn't feel like you are spending that large sum on anything really "iconic" or surefire. Just my opinion.

Ahh i figured it was to good to be true, sucks,  now i have to tell the guy that I spent a very long time convincing that the $400 deal is off. Man now i look like a real idiot. Ohh well live and learn.

It's just part of the learning process. And you can still buy them if you want to - we just provided our opinions and by no means are they absolutely correct with 100% certainty. But I'd say the arguments provided give pretty good justification that there's probably something else out there you could spend 400 on that will render a better investment.

Think about it this way - add up the gas and time spent, figure out a final number. Then think about what you can buy locally with that amount of cash, then think about which one you believe can net a potential higher profit. Take into account the time you plan on holding, etc. You may find that buying two NISB Haunted Houses for your money has a better financial outlook than those used sets. Like I said, I'm not certain, but I'd rather hedge my bets on the Haunted Houses.

actually i get a real kick out of finding that missing piece in the huge pile of legos. Its fun. I'm looking forward to trying to piece back together some of my kids old legos, and hide them from them or course, so they cant lose every piece all over the house lol.

It's just part of the learning process. And you can still buy them if you want to - we just provided our opinions and by no means are they absolutely correct with 100% certainty. But I'd say the arguments provided give pretty good justification that there's probably something else out there you could spend 400 on that will render a better investment.

Think about it this way - add up the gas and time spent, figure out a final number. Then think about what you can buy locally with that amount of cash, then think about which one you believe can net a potential higher profit. Take into account the time you plan on holding, etc. You may find that buying two NISB Haunted Houses for your money has a better financial outlook than those used sets. Like I said, I'm not certain, but I'd rather hedge my bets on the Haunted Houses.

Hey Josh i think i remember seeing in a post some were that you invest in Real Estate ??

actually i get a real kick out of finding that missing piece in the huge pile of legos. Its fun. I'm looking forward to trying to piece back together some of my kids old legos, and hide them from them or course, so they cant lose every piece all over the house lol.

Then consider making the purchase. I don't think you'll lose money on this, and could make 25% ROI on a relatively quick turnaround. Are you already established on eBay? If not and you're getting into "long term" Lego investing, you can really build your positive feedback before your portfolio matures, allowing you to get top dollar for higher value sales.

Hey Josh i think i remember seeing in a post some were that you invest in Real Estate ??

I've only actually "flipped" one house, but made alot of money in doing so. Right now I'm focused on paying down the house I plan on linving in for a good long while, and looking into the possibility of buying land for hunting/renting to cattle farmers. All in due time.

I had to read that twice, coz I thought you said you hunt cattle farmers. LOL.

I've only actually "flipped" one house, but made alot of money in doing so. Right now I'm focused on paying down the house I plan on linving in for a good long while, and looking into the possibility of buying land for hunting/renting to cattle farmers. All in due time.

It depends on what you are going to do with them. If you want to build them, I would go for it. If you want to invest in them, I would not buy it. There is not a lot of profit left after all the expenses you use on them. If you sell them on eBay, there would be a 10-11% fee, which would cut into your profits. Also if you sell them on eBay, you would have to write a description and take pictures of the set. So, if the purchase is for investing I would not go for it, but it is your decision and I would respect whatever decision you would make.

no I am definitely investing so i had to suck it up and tell the guy that i couldn't do it. I couldn't resist asking him if he would take $300 for them lol. That pissed him off and he hung up on me lol !!! I actually did feel pretty bad about it for a few minutes. I think I'm just going to focus on new sets from now on. I got some buyers remorse for a few used sets i  bought a few days ago and lost money on.

Cool man, yea that's what just started doing for a living. I flipped 4 last year and rehabbed a rental which im holding on to. This year I am in escrow for a deal I'm flipping in LA. Any way Good luck with your investments.