UCS falcon lot

matt1147

I've been tracking a bulk lot from an estate sale in PA on ebay but decided not to buy it and wanted to give someone here the chance: it includes (at least) a partial UCS Star Wars Falcon but the seller doesn't seem to know enough to tell how complete it is. It ends in 5 hours. If you buy it, is be curious to know how you end up. ;-)

http://bit.ly/18zXp3o

• Like 1

I bidded, but got outbidded soon after... Hmm wonder if its worth the gamble

I don't think so.  They said the instruction book is all messed up, would be nice to see pictures of the sticker sheet, or radar dish, rigging, etc.  There is not much worth anything outside of the "chance" that there is a complete 10179 in there.  It's at almost $800 right now.  That is already not leaving a lot of wiggle room if you are looking to flip it. 

Guest idunno101

Just over 3 hours left and it's at $810. I wonder how much it's going to go up in the final hours. I'm not bidding since I don't think that there will be many completed sets with this lot but someone's going to get a lot of pieces in the next few hours.

I took a close look and saw some parts of large brown squarish thing that looks like a Sandcrawler, and also a version of a TIE fighter from the TIE Fighter Collection 10131 called a TIE-D.

I thought I saw some parts from Exo Force too, but I'm not 100% sure.

See pictures.

'>

'>

'>

18 minutes left...

Dang over 1000 bucks. It was like 400 this morning. So which one of you got it??

Hopefully none, because I think somebody is going to be disappointed with it.  Yeah, there were parts to very nice sets, but no evidence that there was anything close to complete sets.  Heck, most of the stuff in the lot was junk.  I seriously doubt an entire 10179 is in this auction.  If you've built the set, you know just how much light bluish grey in the set, I just don't see it.

Guest idunno101

Sold for $1,026 to someone in Pennsylvania. This person got a lot more than he should have, in my opinion. I wonder how the buyer's reaction is going to be when they receive the bricks.

I wonder if a couple of people got locked up into a 200 dollar bidding war right there in the end. Or maybe a Sniper came in at the end with some ridiculously high bid. I hate fighting people for stuff on Ebay.

I don't even bother with auctions anymore for that reason. I just look for good new BIN listings and once in a while a great one comes up.

• 4 weeks later...