7961 - Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator / 4194 - Whitecap Bay / 4183 - The Mill

I saw a few 7961-1: Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator on clearance at a meijers store near me for 25% off 49.99 so 37.49 plus tax 6% is this a good deal dont think I've seen these anywhere else I know the retail price in the price guide has them at 69.99

$37.49 should be a good price to keep a few for investment IMO.

But you may see the price of this set go up slower, since it was discount at $50 for several months last year.

This didn't happen to be a Meijer in Kentucky did it? I have been holding off on buying those for a few weeks, they are set to drop to 50% off soon, I would not buy any more meijer clearance until then. Someone came in my store and bought all those and I wanted to strangle them! Part of this game involves timing, it is gonna take quite a while for those to be worthwhile at 37....at 25 they are a decent deal.

• 1 month later...

Besides bumping this thread, I was wondering what other members thought about this set in particular. Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the rather low value of worth for it. Even a quick browse on Bricklink shows an average of less than or just about retail. I understand that the set is barely two years old now, but shouldn't it be doing a smidge better?

BrickPicker Price Guide

Besides bumping this thread, I was wondering what other members thought about this set in particular. Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the rather low value of worth for it. Even a quick browse on Bricklink shows an average of less than or just about retail. I understand that the set is barely two years old now, but shouldn't it be doing a smidge better?

BrickPicker Price Guide

I am surprised at the price too. I am parting out the minifigs and selling the ship separate and making more than the ship is worth new. It takes longer to do this way but hey, money is money.

I just don't think its a well thought out LEGO set. I don't think its a good ship to do in LEGO......and definitely not twice.

Actually, they did it thrice.

1st in 1999

2nd in 2007

This one in 2011

I forgot about the one in 2007 completely. The first one I wish I could. Yeesh!

Anyway, this one seems like an okay set. Just ridiculously overpriced to start. For me, it's a bit of toss up between the 2007 & 2011 one in terms of the better overal design of the craft. This one is bigger, longer, and more like the original in terms of size. However, the 2007 one is smoother and more pleasing to look at in general. Still, this one isn't quite that well thought out like you said.

I am parting out the minifigs and selling the ship separate and making more than the ship is worth new. It takes longer to do this way but hey, money is money.

That honestly seems like the best way to make money from this set. Though I do wonder if the set as a whole will do better down the road?

BrickPicker Price Guide

None of the recent Episode 1 sets have been doing so well. (Ex: Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, Naboo Starfighter, etc.) Most of them have been overpriced and I believe that has prevented people from buying them.

None of the recent Episode 1 sets have been doing so well. (Ex: Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, Naboo Starfighter, etc.) Most of them have been overpriced and I believe that has prevented people from buying them.

Personally I prefer the 2007 version and I think this is over-priced, but I wish that I'd picked a couple up when they were 30%+ discounted. I look back at some of the 2010 sets which seemed very over-priced at the time, especially 8097 (Slave I) which had an RRP of a massive

For me that Infiltrator is just lacking... It's just not something I as a casual Star Wars fan (I seen 4 5 6 movies countless times as kid though had the borrowed every weekend) would want see it there in prime display from Star Wars LEGO ''collection'' You know next to legendary X-wing, Falcon, Jedi council, Stormtroopers, Darth Vader. Darth Maul is ''cool'' but it comes nowhere near the 4,5,6 movies in cool factor, or maybe they just captivated my childhood dreams and lusts for Star Wars and Space

• 4 months later...

@Boxofcorey - Next time you have a thread like this, you can start the thread in the "Deal or No Deal Forum", and use the format Set # - Set Name. I'm not exactly sure how to do this with more than one set though. Maybe just a bunch of set numbers.

To answer your question, I would pass on 7961. I returned one right when it retired that I got for about 30% off, since there are a bunch of other Sith Infiltrators. I don't really know about your POTC sets though. Whitecap Bay doesn't seem to be a great choice though. The Mill probably will do better, but to be totally honest, I have no clue how POTC sets perform, except the big ships. :?

@Boxofcorey - Next time you have a thread like this, you can start the thread in the "Deal or No Deal Forum", and use the format Set # - Set Name. I'm not exactly sure how to do this with more than one set though. Maybe just a bunch of set numbers.

To answer your question, I would pass on 7961. I returned one right when it retired that I got for about 30% off, since there are a bunch of other Sith Infiltrators. I don't really know about your POTC sets though. Whitecap Bay doesn't seem to be a great choice though. The Mill probably will do better, but to be totally honest, I have no clue how POTC sets perform, except the big ships. :?

Thanks for moving this thread, I honestly wasn't even aware this sub forum existed!! Was just getting antsy in the store with the lady staring at me.

Passed on all the sets.