Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

3 minutes ago, Agsimpson13 said:

I tend to block buyers who make lowball offers, and also slow paying buyers.  Also worth the time to use the Make Offer feature that automatically rejects lowball offers...Saves a lot of aggravation.

Yeah - this is an older Basic listing that I just keep on renewing so I have no access to the advanced Make Offer feature ...

Edited by Phil B

Yes - As a seller, the auto decline feature is a must.

But I don't have a problem with someone making a low offer - People accept low offers all the time, so why shouldn't they try.

Now when they start sending msgs, expressing annoyance when you don't want to accept it? That, is a different story.

Not a Lego fruitcake seller but thought this was funny

Me: is the Nike swoosh on the shoes reflective?

Seller: you either want the shoes or you don't make up your damn mind.

Me: I'm sorry but I feel you may have responded to the wrong potential buyer, my question was about the swoosh being reflective or not.

Seller: I don't know.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Me: I'm sorry but I feel you may have responded to the wrong potential buyer, my question was about the swoosh being reflective or not.

Seller: I don't know.

So which is it, is it reflective or not? :)

32 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Seller: I don't know. NO SHOES FOR YOU! NEXT!

Fixed :D

Here is a tip for some of the new people entering the game:
If you are going to sell a used set on ebay with the original box, don't fold the box three times and shove it in the smallest amazon box you can find.  People will expect to receive the item in the same condition as how it was shown in the listing.

There are times where I want to add a disclaimer to my ebay listings stating that I have common sense; in the hopes that it will give me a leg up on the competition.

19 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Here is a tip for some of the new people entering the game:
If you are going to sell a used set on ebay with the original box, don't fold the box three times and shove it in the smallest amazon box you can find.  People will expect to receive the item in the same condition as how it was shown in the listing.

There are times where I want to add a disclaimer to my ebay listings stating that I have common sense; in the hopes that it will give me a leg up on the competition.

What? No brownie points for ingenuity? :sarcastichand:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not a bad experience but definitely fruitcakey. 

I listed something for BIN $79.99 with free shipping. I get an offer for $79.00 and sit there dumbfounded thinking "What in the heck is this person thinking?" I'm a bit hesitant to accept for fear of a non-paying bidder since I have immediate payment required with BIN. I reluctantly accept the offer about four hours later and the buyer pays me about two hours after that. I have no clue what the buyer was thinking.

"I'm buying it any way, might as well save $0.99." But why risk missing out on it for $0.99 if someone uses BIN? Definitely a fruitcake but I got a sale.

My guess is they Really wanted it but wanted to feel like they were getting a deal, even if it was only $.99. Maybe then they could tell their significant other they got it on "sale". I've dealt with many weird buyers on eBay, not Legos but other things. Nothing amazes me anymore.

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Not a bad experience but definitely fruitcakey. 

I listed something for BIN $79.99 with free shipping. I get an offer for $79.00 and sit there dumbfounded thinking "What in the heck is this person thinking?" I'm a bit hesitant to accept for fear of a non-paying bidder since I have immediate payment required with BIN. I reluctantly accept the offer about four hours later and the buyer pays me about two hours after that. I have no clue what the buyer was thinking.

"I'm buying it any way, might as well save $0.99." But why risk missing out on it for $0.99 if someone uses BIN? Definitely a fruitcake but I got a sale.

Sounds kinda familiar, had on old used set on BIN £7.99 or best offer. Someone offered £8. SOLD to the man with no sense!!!

• Like 4

I like to get opinion before I leave negative feedback for a seller on ebay.  Here is the situation: I won a couple minifig auctions from one seller.  I finally got around to inspecting the figures and of course most have wrong heads, torsos and legs.  In addition, 1 figured had "****" on it and I was unable to remove completely so I threw it away.   Two of the figures had a weird red dye on the inside of them which I was able to remove most of the stain by throwing the figures in soap and water.  None of this was mentioned in the description and there was no mention of most of the figures having the wrong parts.  Most had masks on and were hard to tell from the pitcher.  I just assumed most of it was correct.  The figures were listed as used.

With that said, I asked the seller if he had any of the correct parts that was missing and told him about the condition of the damaged figures.  After going back and forth, the seller basically states that the figures were not dirty and all the parts were correct.  So he basically said I am making this all up.  I put **** on the figures, red dye and I switched out all the correct pieces.  All I wanted is for him to see if he had the correct parts so I wouldn't have to hit up bricklink to get all the missing pieces.  I normally let this kind of thing fly but the fact that he completely lied to me with his responses makes me think he deserves some negative feedback. 

So if you were me, does this warrant 3 negatives?

17 minutes ago, stackables said:

I like to get opinion before I leave negative feedback for a seller on ebay.  Here is the situation: I won a couple minifig auctions from one seller.  I finally got around to inspecting the figures and of course most have wrong heads, torsos and legs.  In addition, 1 figured had "****" on it and I was unable to remove completely so I threw it away.   Two of the figures had a weird red dye on the inside of them which I was able to remove most of the stain by throwing the figures in soap and water.  None of this was mentioned in the description and there was no mention of most of the figures having the wrong parts.  Most had masks on and were hard to tell from the pitcher.  I just assumed most of it was correct.  The figures were listed as used.

With that said, I asked the seller if he had any of the correct parts that was missing and told him about the condition of the damaged figures.  After going back and forth, the seller basically states that the figures were not dirty and all the parts were correct.  So he basically said I am making this all up.  I put **** on the figures, red dye and I switched out all the correct pieces.  All I wanted is for him to see if he had the correct parts so I wouldn't have to hit up bricklink to get all the missing pieces.  I normally let this kind of thing fly but the fact that he completely lied to me with his responses makes me think he deserves some negative feedback. 

So if you were me, does this warrant 3 negatives?

absolutely you should warn other customers about him

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse

To be fair to both you and the seller we would have to see the listings, for the incorrect parts. As a mostly buyer  myself, hell yea 3 negs mentioning the shart. But of the part, as we're also mostly sellers here, it all depends on the wording of the listings. You may have assumed to much or may have be mislead.  You also could just leave neutrals and comment "did't know shart would be included thanks".

Edited by brickcrazyhouse