Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Just a general pro tip: If you get a question or comment from someone who is obviously unhinged, catastrophically stupid, or a troll, don't bother answering them at all. You might get a few hostile follow ups from them demanding you answer, but if you just pretend you're not getting their messages, they will eventually go find someone else to annoy.

Whatever you do, don't engage them in any form of debate. It's like arguing with a drunk attention deficit disordered lawyer who is off his meds. Only less fun.

• Like 2

Just got this.

I would like to buy this set for my grandson for his birthday. He lives in Boston and I am not going to be there for his birthday, as I herniated a disk shoveling snow. Is there any way you can gift wrap it or at least put in a card and send it directly to him?

Also, is the packaging in relatively good shape?t

If so, I will buy as soon as you contact me.

I just did a belated Xmas wrap and card for an EBay purchase two weeks ago. Sometimes it's not just about the money!

Mr wonderful Kevin o leary just woke up from a deep sleep.

But yeah not odd at all. It's called good customer service. Look at it as a way to build a client.

Some people on here like myself raven Holleman etc have repeat buyers even if we are higher on a price for a reason.

• Like 1

Hi could you please sell me AA for $220? I work as X and can't afford your price, it's for my kid who has X disability.

I am sorry to hear about your child's X condition. I have a X relative affected by the same X disability and am an avid supported of the X foundation. By purchasing the AA at full asking price you are helping me support the X foundation. Purchase the AA and let's win this fight against X together!

• Like 9

Hi could you please sell me AA for $220? I work as X and can't afford your price, it's for my kid who has X disability.

Might I suggest a bat cave?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I had a lady once ask if I could ship a used Ninjago Fire Temple mostly assembled.... She had a disabled kid who loved Lego but wasn't able to build and she said her fingers would get sore from all the assembling, reassembling as he played with them. To help her out, I ate a few bucks in the cost of shipping a larger box and packed it extra carefully so she only had a half dozen steps to reassemble.

What did I get out of it? No feedback.

Beeee.... not-so-nice-word ...... ch.

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 4

Mr wonderful Kevin o leary just woke up from a deep sleep.

But yeah not odd at all. It's called good customer service. Look at it as a way to build a client.

Some people on here like myself raven Holleman etc have repeat buyers even if we are higher on a price for a reason.

It does help out future sales.  I had a lady ask me to include a valentines note with her next purchase (non LEGO) after buying an Arctic Supply Plane last week.

Just printed it out for her and included it with the package.  

Made her happy and hopefully she'll keep buying.  

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear about your child's X condition. I have a X relative affected by the same X disability and am an avid supported of the X foundation. By purchasing the AA at full asking price you are helping me support the X foundation. Purchase the AA and let's win this fight against X together!

I'll keep that in my arsenal for next time I get somwhing like that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Okay here's one I can't figure out:

I contacted a guy on CL two weeks ago.  He had listed a bunch of Rebels sets, NIB, and below RRP.  Including a Ghost for $50.  The Ghost I was picking up for investment purposes, but the other sets that he had (AT-DP, TIE Advanced) were for my personal collection.

He tells me he only has the Ghost left.  I agree to meet him.  When he shows up, I've got my family, he's got his (wife, two kids).  We quickly exchange.  He asks who the Lego fan is, and I say, "we all are, but I'm also a reseller.  This is going into the resell pile because we've already built it.  If you've got more that you're trying to get rid of, let me know, I'm buying."

No word out of him since.

Fine, whatever.  Wife tells me he probably thinks I'm reseller scum.  Whatever.

Over the last week, he's been listing like crazy on CL.  But everything he lists is crazy cheap.  Friends Lighthouse for $30 (RRP $40). Star Wars ISD $90 (RRP $130).

I bought from him originally because it seemed like he had one of each set, and I thought he was just liquidating stuff he bought and couldn't return.  Now I'm thinking 5-finger discount, since he's listed multiples of some of these sets.

Any I nuts?  What am I missing?