Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Here's a question. I have an auction that is listed as domestic shipping only. A guy bid and then sent me a message asking if i shipped internationally. I informed him that i didn't and he was outbid. I thought that was the end of it. He's outbid two other people since that mail. What should i do?

Guest TabbyBoy

Here's a question. I have an auction that is listed as domestic shipping only. A guy bid and then sent me a message asking if i shipped internationally. I informed him that i didn't and he was outbid. I thought that was the end of it. He's outbid two other people since that mail. What should i do?

Keep his money and don't send the item! ;-)

I'd open a chat session with eBay and ask for him to be blocked and have bids removed. If you've clearly mentioned no international shipping and disabled it in postage section, you're covered otherwise you have no choice but to ship it.

All the details of global shipping are of no concern to you. The pricing shipping etc is exactly as if you sold to someone state side. Example.... You sell an item. For x dollars. You ship item to Kentucky all import fees etc etc are handled between eBay and the buyer. They know what they are paying beforehand. If you have any other questions concerning this feel free to pm me.

this...i only sell internationally via gsp.

i only use insured  usps priority express international and sometimes global express.   buyer pays.

ebay and buyers already control most of the transaction.  at least i dictate the shipping terms.  does it provide me more of an advantage?  no idea but i feel better.

Anyone else selling items on eBay might have come across the countless fake Lego items from China, often using the Lego name (ex. Ninjago).  Aren't these considered contraband? They are blatant rip offs of the actual Lego sets.

I have actually had a few people contact me lately asking if my items are actually real Lego.

I thought GSP was set it and forget it until I made an order mistake. It cost an insane amount of money to fix. It was cheaper to let the customer keep the item I sent in error and I had to pay 2x the replacement's value to ship a new one. In the end I was out 3x what the item sold for.

When you pack up international orders you need to check, double check, and then check again that you got it right.

Edited by tonysbricks

Anyone else selling items on eBay might have come across the countless fake Lego items from China, often using the Lego name (ex. Ninjago).  Aren't these considered contraband? They are blatant rip offs of the actual Lego sets.

I have actually had a few people contact me lately asking if my items are actually real Lego.

No, they're not contraband. Contraband items are those that have been imported or exported outside the laws of the respective countries/regions.

These are, however, violations of trademarks. It's up to TLG and the license holders (Marvel, DC, etc.) to identify and file for their removal. eBay is in no position to determine a real vs. fake minifig or set -- not their job, nor do they have the expertise. So far, TLG and Marvel, DC, etc. don't seem to care much.

If these items are listed in the LEGO categories, many of us have had success in reporting them and having them removed.

Edited to add: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2804-knockoff-brands-bootleg-bricks-mimicked-minifigures/

is a thread that covers the issue extensively.

• Like 1

i only use insured  usps priority express international and sometimes global express.   buyer pays.

ebay and buyers already control most of the transaction.  at least i dictate the shipping terms.  does it provide me more of an advantage?  no idea but i feel better.

I do not use the GSP (many negatives, and the few positives I found were short lived - as they turned into traps) - I have tried it a couple times, and it wasn't beneficial.

If it is the only way you would ship internationally, then of course it should be used - but if you are already shipping internationally on your own, you are better off.

I do not use the GSP (many negatives, and the few positives I found were short lived - as they turned into traps) - I have tried it a couple times, and it wasn't beneficial.

If it is the only way you would ship internationally, then of course it should be used - but if you are already shipping internationally on your own, you are better off.

what kind of traps?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

most have now taken the word lego out of the title or at least say "compatible w/ lego".  check out the link Mrs. Frog suggested, but be prepared to bang your head against the wall.