Man of Steel 2 SPOILER announced at Comic Con

TheDarkness

From darkhorizons.com

Just moments ago, filmmaker Zack Snyder and veteran actor Harry Lennox took to the stage at Warners' Saturday Comic Con presentation to confirm the news from a few hours ago that the "Man of Steel" sequel will feature Batman.

Lennox read out the quote: "I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you"

Immediately after, up came a silver "Man of Steel" logo with a Batman logo behind it.

NO mention was made at the panel regarding the OTHER rumor that emerged this morning - that we'd get a "The Flash" film in 2016 and "Justice League" movie in 2017.

Hopefully they get it to work!

I agree, but that would be fairly obvious. It isn't Superman v Batman, and there is a wealth of mythology to delve into with the lead up to any potential Justice League film.

I would love for it to be more than just the bickering and infighting that occurred in Avengers, which worked though. It would be awesome to see some animosity and serious mistrust between the two, even though they are both fighting on the same side.

I know next to nothing about the Superman stories, as the character has never really interested me. Including Batman though, makes it a must see on opening night.

I agree, but that would be fairly obvious. It isn't Superman v Batman, and there is a wealth of mythology to delve into with the lead up to any potential Justice League film.

I would love for it to be more than just the bickering and infighting that occurred in Avengers, which worked though. It would be awesome to see some animosity and serious mistrust between the two, even though they are both fighting on the same side.

I know next to nothing about the Superman stories, as the character has never really interested me. Including Batman though, makes it a must see on opening night.

The only reason the are including Batman is to set up a bridge to future Justice League movies and to establish a new actor as Batman since Christian Bale is likely no more. 

The only reason the are including Batman is to set up a bridge to future Justice League movies and to establish a new actor as Batman since Christian Bale is likely no more. 

That is one component, but there is more to it than just that. Man of Steel itself did not do financially as well as they predicted and they spent an absolute fortune on it, especially marketing. They included something like 175 million in product placement, if what I read months ago was true, to help bring down costs.

Look at the other potential Justice League characters. Green Lantern was a flop. Wonder Woman can't get off the ground. Nolan's Batman trilogy was very well received and made a fortune, but Superman has struggled in his last two outings, both critically and financially.

Superman needs a franchise boost, which is also why I think they have decided to include Batman.

That is one component, but there is more to it than just that. Man of Steel itself did not do financially as well as they predicted and they spent an absolute fortune on it, especially marketing. They included something like 175 million in product placement, if what I read months ago was true, to help bring down costs.

Look at the other potential Justice League characters. Green Lantern was a flop. Wonder Woman can't get off the ground. Nolan's Batman trilogy was very well received and made a fortune, but Superman has struggled in his last two outings, both critically and financially.

Superman needs a franchise boost, which is also why I think they have decided to include Batman.

I am a film major lol. MoS grossed $248.6 million in less than one month. And remember, that is from box office only and does not include product licensing and other things associated with the movie. Also, the reason the Batman trilogy did so well was because it was directed and produced by Nolan. MoS was only produced by him. Remember, Nolan is the man who made "Memento", "Inception", and "Following". The guy is a genius and if the Superman series was directed by him, it would do much better than it already is, which is actually great (June box office numbers broke a new high record mostly thanks to MoS). 

Congrats on being a film major.

I know Nolan didn't direct MoS, and yes he is a genius IMO.

MoS came flying out the gate, but it isn't doing that well internationally. I'll try dredge up the article I read on the marketing costs later but I believe it was in excess of 150 million (my memory may be faulty though) on top of the estimated 220 million production budget. The movie set a record for the amount raised in product placement.

I know in the US, Superman is a big deal, but internationally he isn't as much. There might be a lot of merchandise there involving him, but at least here there is next to nothing. Superhero wise, everything is really Marvel orientated or Batman.

Actually was honest and no condescension intended so I apologise if you perceived it as such. I always think education is an achievement (probably why I am constantly trying to study)

I love movies as well. Always have. Reviews, box office receipts, comparisons, articles, gossip. I'm a sponge for it.

In this instance we are looking at it from two different viewpoints as I always look at box office receipts in terms of worldwide. Either way, with Batman's involvement I am definitely looking forward to seeing it.

• Like 1

From darkhorizons.com

Just moments ago, filmmaker Zack Snyder and veteran actor Harry Lennox took to the stage at Warners' Saturday Comic Con presentation to confirm the news from a few hours ago that the "Man of Steel" sequel will feature Batman.

Lennox read out the quote: "I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you"

Immediately after, up came a silver "Man of Steel" logo with a Batman logo behind it.

NO mention was made at the panel regarding the OTHER rumor that emerged this morning - that we'd get a "The Flash" film in 2016 and "Justice League" movie in 2017.

Hopefully they get it to work!

Wow. We might get some batman/superman Lego sets.

That quote was from the end of The Dark Knight Returns. I literally just had a chance to watch both parts of the animated saga. It was pretty damn cool seeing Batman get that dark. Oh yeah, and (spoiler alert)

he finally killed The Joker!

Here's the end scene with that quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Fw3zuu4-A

And here's that Comic Con clip you were talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m05YaiPnRHU

The animated movie was good but that is more of a batman movie.  If they are going to do a justice league movie they need to start pushing the other characters.  Batman should be able to stand on his own not sure why DC doesn't include a lesser known character in MOS to introduce him/her to the public.  In my opinion, they went about this entire thing the wrong way.  Everyone basically associated Bale as batman and now we are going to get introduced to a new one. 

I still haven't watched Green Lantern.  I heard that movie was horrible and I really can't stand Reynolds.

I still haven't watched Green Lantern.  I heard that movie was horrible and I really can't stand Reynolds.

I watched that and I'm not sure where to put it besides the trash. Green Lantern is such a great hero with an amazingly versatile power yet that film they eventually churned out of the proverbial cinematic meat grinder was retardedly stunted. I can be tolerant of some changes needed for the big screen. This however went beyond my limit.