What to buy

Hey everyone. I just started collecting Lego's and I wanna learn more bout invest in some stuff. I have been reading the website trying to gather as much info as I could. Just curious how many of you out there that are investor's or collector? How do you know what sets to pick up and to invest in? Do you just wait and buy low? when do you sell?  Here are some items that I already picked up. Should I keep these or get something else? Thanks 

Star war sets

I got the first and second series planet sets. 

9492 - tie fighter

9493 - x wing starfighter

75004 - Z-95 headhunter

9496- desert skiff

9490 -droid escape

75000-clone troopers vs droidekas

9489 - endor rebel trroper and imperial trooper battle pack

Super heros

6858- Cat woman catcycle city chase

6865 Captain Americas avenging cycle

76009 Superman black zero

6862 - Superman vs Power armor Lex

LOTR

9473- The mines of Moria

Welcome to the site, donilu.

Unfortunately no one can really tell you the best thing to buy and be completely correct about it, I would encourage you to do some research on the site, use the price guide, check out past sales trends, and talk to members to help you formulate opinions about what to buy. There are alot of factors to consider: How much of a discount you are getting, how long you plan on holding, will you open and piece out the set, etc. There are several different strategies and many have proven to be effective which makes Lego investing both fun and profitable.

One good piece of advice I would give is this: If presented with two or more sets that you want to invest in but you aren't sure which to get, I'd recommend jumping on the sets closer to retirement first. That way you don't miss out if the set dissapears before you have a chance to get back to the store, and you obviously have more time to get the more recent sets. As of now, if you are wanting any Monster Fighters or LOTR first wave, get them now. They are on the way out and you soon won't be able to purchase at retail.

Hey JoshTx thanks for all the info. i do agree this site has a lot of great info. My plan is to purchase the sets on sale or on clearance since this will be the best way for me to make a profit. I don't mind holding for a while if the sets well appreciate in the long run. Selling for a quick profit is always nice. What strategies do you use? So should I be returning a bunch of the stuff that i bought since they arent going to EOL yet. I do like the sets I have so I might keep some of them to build =)