Hi From Virginia

Welcome, mtmsix.

check out the forums a bit and you'll discover which sets to lean towards. There is obviously not one "definitive" set or theme that is guaranteed to be the top earner, but by educating yourself on the discussions and observing the market trends and statistics kept here, you can put yourself in the right direction. First tip of the day: Avoid Prince of Persia.

Hi, I am from Virginia. I am new to investing. I like Lego, and am trying to invest to fund my hobby. This is a great website to receive information, so if anyone has a good idea which sets to invest, please tell me!

Welcome.

Buy as many Build a zergs as you can find!

Just kidding. Go for LOTR right now! before its gone.

Welcome! Just reading the currently discussed forum topics will help a lot with what to choose for investments. Some of the top discussions we are having are about the Lone Ranger theme, and different sets in the Lord of the Rings theme that are discontinuing. Depending on how much capital you have, I recommend buying at least 1 Millennium Falcon, Tower Bridge, and Super Star Destroyer. If you don't have the capital for that, then pick one of them, and get some Battle Packs, which have a streak of doubling or more in value, at one point or another.

Is parting out sets a good idea. I could part out the Calvary Builder Set. The troops for 9.00, the Lone Ranger and Silver for 5.00, and the fortification, cannon, campfire, and instructions for 4.50. Is this good pricing. Do you think people would bite on this? Would you?

Is parting out sets a good idea. I could part out the Calvary Builder Set. The troops for 9.00, the Lone Ranger and Silver for 5.00, and the fortification, cannon, campfire, and instructions for 4.50. Is this good pricing. Do you think people would bite on this? Would you?

Depends on how much work you are willing to put yourself through. I see no problem with it, but there's a lot of work to do that. Also make sure you add into the equation the envelopes (padded is best) that you will have to purchase to send these. Sometimes it ends up not being worth it, so be careful. Also, eBay and PayPal take a total percentage fee of 11.9% off the final sold price. 

I am from Virginia as well.  I do know something about the LEGO stores here.  First, there are two LEGO stores in Virginia, and I have been to them both.  There is one in Potomac Mills mall.  This store has a bunch of LEGO sets, but the Pick A Brick wall only has basic bricks (according to the one time that I have been there).  There is also a store in Tyson's Corner mall.  This is my favorite LEGO store.  This one has a fabulous PAB wall with a variety of elements and bricks.  Other than the PAB wall, there is not much of a difference between them.  Brick Fair (www.brickfair.com) is also coming up on the first Saturday of August.  Both LEGO stores are near where Brick Fair is.  I always go to the Tyson's Corner location.  Just my two cents.