Share your highest score

Guest ph4tb0i

Hi, I am from Hong Kong.

Just sold my MISB perfect box 10185 for US$750 in Hong Kong Yahoo which I bought it for US$150 at 2008, and I am so happy with it.

I still got 3 x 10185 to go :)

How is your highest score?

Makes me glad I paid 650 for it (wife and I really wanted it for our collection). Seems like value is still going up so I might end up reselling it. lol.... 

My highest score is in unfortunately not realized yet. I bought a sealed UCS SW SDD for $190. Since I've been investing for only 12 months now, I don't have many.

My serious high scores have been with vintage Kenner SW and BCS football tickets which I drastically scaled down in both.

Hi, I am from Hong Kong.

Just sold my MISB perfect box 10185 for US$750 in Hong Kong Yahoo which I bought it for US$150 at 2008, and I am so happy with it.

I still got 3 x 10185 to go :)

How is your highest score?

Noting great yet but I got a 5887 Dino Defence at Walmart early this year for $69. 50% Cagr is pretty good so far.

I started investing in december 2012.

Why? Because I like Lego and my local toyshop quit.

I had a chat with the owner and I decided to buy his complete stock.

Among it were a lot of sets from 2011 and 2012.

After we made the deal he told me he also had another stock, but they were "old".

I also bought his "old" stock.

Then I started selling, I found this site and found out there was alot of money to make.

Till now I already bought more than 400 sealed sets, from him and other retailers.

Here are a few great winners I already sold:

Duplo Pirate ship 7880 ( 3x ) bought for

• 8 years later...

Didn’t want to start a new thread ;) 

So the only way to get to 850 would be to get an auto loan or mortgage? That would cause an inquiry and an increase in outstanding debt. I know we have some financial gurus on here @Mathew any Pro-tips? 

No recent bank/national revolving balances  Hide details

1. Current credit activity is necessary for accurately assessing a Consumer's future credit risk. Consumers who have not used this type of credit recently have limited information available that demonstrates their ability to manage credit.

8B5A4D11-521C-4F2F-A600-0EF49DDFFAB5.png

Edited by Pseudoty

9 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread ;) 

So the only way to get to 850 would be to get an auto loan or mortgage? That would cause an inquiry and an increase in outstanding debt. I know we have some financial gurus on here @Mathew any Pro-tips? 

No recent bank/national revolving balances  Hide details

1. Current credit activity is necessary for accurately assessing a Consumer's future credit risk. Consumers who have not used this type of credit recently have limited information available that demonstrates their ability to manage credit.

8B5A4D11-521C-4F2F-A600-0EF49DDFFAB5.png

Why do you want to go to 850? Just because it's the max?

There is no product you won't get based on score once you cross 800 (or 780 for some banks). Also, there are different scores for different products. What you are seeing is a score for consumer release. If you were to apply for a mortgage, the lender would look at a mortgage specific score which could be a bit higher or lower.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

Why do you want to go to 850? Just because it's the max?

There is no product you won't get based on score once you cross 800 (or 780 for some banks). Also, there are different scores for different products. What you are seeing is a score for consumer release. If you were to apply for a mortgage, the lender would look at a mortgage specific score which could be a bit higher or lower.

Yeah, kinda like a puzzle crack the code. The only credit I would be interested in would be if Walmart had a 5% card like Amazon and Target. Besides that I am a cash only operation since Paypal buisness line of credit went to Synchrony around 2 years ago.  

19 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Yeah, kinda like a puzzle crack the code. The only credit I would be interested in would be if Walmart had a 5% card like Amazon and Target. Besides that I am a cash only operation since Paypal buisness line of credit went to Synchrony around 2 years ago.  

If you apply for a new credit card, the score is going down.

I never bother trying for 850 since there is no prize at the end of that tunnel :P

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

If you apply for a new credit card, the score is going down

Oh yeah I know all the basic stuff, Hard Inquiry drops it for up to a year but stays on for 2 years. 

I was thinking something more like buy a car pay all cash except for $120 and set the payments up for $10/month. 

32 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

There are many lucrative travel credit cards which allow you to travel for free (if you like to travel). Not only travel, you can even enter Lego Land for free. I would not pay anything with cash unless I really have to.

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If you apply for a new credit card, the score is going down.

I never bother trying for 850 since there is no prize at the end of that tunnel :P

It will only go down a bit and opening up a new credit cards (Hard inquires) have low impact on credit score 

511115195_ScreenShot2022-01-21at10_02_53AM.thumb.png.ccb81705d4372bfc92ecfb73f71fcaa9.png 

40 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Oh yeah I know all the basic stuff, Hard Inquiry drops it for up to a year but stays on for 2 years. 

I was thinking something more like buy a car pay all cash except for $120 and set the payments up for $10/month. 

Probably need to be $5 a month for 2 years to have impacts?  

The score does not really matter if you are not planning to get big loans anyway