Best Sets Price Per Brick?

Best I could find was 3443 Lego Mosaic with a PPP of $0.015 !!  Anyone got anything better?

Of the more well known sets the 10189 Taj Mahal is probably the best with a PPP od $0.051, definitely helps having the largest piece count of all time.

Ok, good calls so far, , what about in low priced sets?

Oops, didn't see this before I posted my other response. Umm, here are the first three that come to mind;

Creator Propeller Adventures MSRP $19.99 - (only $15.49 @ Target) 241 pieces 

Creator Construction Hauler, MSRP $17.99 ($17.09 @ Target) - 256 pieces 

Creator Cool Cruiser, MSRP $39.99 (only $31.09 @ Target) - 554 pieces

Which current sets or themes have the best price per brick? Is it usually non-licensed sets such as Creator?

Try to go by cost per ounce. Since elements vary in price due to type, size, and color, that is a better indicator.

For instance, 10214 (VW van) retails for $119.99 with 1,332 (9 cents each) elements while 10226 (Sopwith plane) retails for $99.99 with 883 elements (11.3 cents each).

Basic Bricks Deluxe is the best value for parts and you know they will all be ones you can build with.  Tower Bridge comes with 500 cheese slopes. :P

You should factor in the value of any base plates that come with a set too.  And you can sell figures from licensed sets and keep the other parts to end up with a decent deal on what you kept.

Best value set I have ever found was Harry Potter Hogwarts Game.  Some really nice pieces in there for the price.  I'm stocking up on used copies via eBay at the moment.

I would say if I want to hit PPB the hardest I would skip any set and go for a good old fashioned PAB container at a brick and mortar.  Otherwise I have doubts in the usefulness of a price per brick ratio.

I suppose this raises the point that a set is only as good and as valuable to a non-investor as the quality of the parts it contains, not just the quantity.

Basic Bricks Deluxe is the best value for parts and you know they will all be ones you can build with.  Tower Bridge comes with 500 cheese slopes. :P

You should factor in the value of any base plates that come with a set too.  And you can sell figures from licensed sets and keep the other parts to end up with a decent deal on what you kept.

Best value set I have ever found was Harry Potter Hogwarts Game.  Some really nice pieces in there for the price.  I'm stocking up on used copies via eBay at the moment.

I think the only reason I'd buy licensed sets would be to get the pieces so yes, would definitely sell the figs. Would also probably only buy those sets at discount too.

Try to go by cost per ounce. Since elements vary in price due to type, size, and color, that is a better indicator.

For instance, 10214 (VW van) retails for $119.99 with 1,332 (9 cents each) elements while 10226 (Sopwith plane) retails for $99.99 with 883 elements (11.3 cents each).

And which one is better value price per ounce?

Actually, here in the UK, both those sets cost the same  (

What's your definition of low price?  And are you talking all sets or just current retail available ones?

I was juts encouraging people to move away from the most expensive sets I suppose, no figure in mind! And yes, I meant currently available sets.

Oops, didn't see this before I posted my other response. Umm, here are the first three that come to mind;

Creator Propeller Adventures MSRP $19.99 - (only $15.49 @ Target) 241 pieces 

Creator Construction Hauler, MSRP $17.99 ($17.09 @ Target) - 256 pieces 

Creator Cool Cruiser, MSRP $39.99 (only $31.09 @ Target) - 554 pieces

Good ones! Definitely got to get the sale deals to make it all worth while!

Yes, Cool Cruiser has a wicked awesome price per piece count of $0.06 and just about all of those parts are big ones too! Overall, Creator has the best and most consistent price per piece counts. Supposedly coming out later in the year are these Creative Buckets that will retail for $29.99 and have 607 parts. That is a low $0.05 per brick!

tmp_image.png

There also will be a Creative Tower with 1,600 parts! Nothing definate on american retail but best I heard is it could be around $50. ($0.03 a brick!)

tmp_image.png