Buying at LEGO Store

Hello my Lego Brothers and Sisters...

I joined the Lego VIP program awhile back and do a good bit of shopping on the site, but I'm going to start having the opportunity to go to various Lego stores in my travels (yay!) and I have a newbie-store-shopper question:

If I purchase $75, I get a free hot dog cart on the site. I know that holds true in the stores, too, but what happens if I purchase $150? Do I get two hot dog carts (I don't when I order online, it's one per order, so I place orders every $75 or as close as I can hit it).

At the stores, is my best bet to just go through the line two or three (or a dozen... changing my clothes if necessary and wearing a fake mustache...) times spending $75+ each time?

Can I do this without angering the natives (store clerks)?

This is probably so basic a shopping question that you should all point and laugh at me, so go ahead, I don't mind.  :queen:  But if someone knows the answer and can also tell me, that'd be awesome.

this past Christmas season I was at the lego store in the mall of America. I purchased 3 winter village cottages in one transaction. I told them one was for me and the other two were gifts. they gave me three of the current polybag promos (a police helicopter at the time) since they figured I was giving the other 2 away. something to consider if your order isn't too big.

FCB is right. You could also have your husband or someone else go with you to buy sets so you wouldn't have to go through the line as much.

I was thinking along these lines - will he be able to use my VIP account? (Also need to rack up those VIP points... )

I'm not trying to be a lawless rule-breaker, I just want the maximum amount of free stuff I can legally stagger out of the store carrying, chortling as I go...

What line? Ive never waited in a line at the 3 stores I frequent. And I did say frequent. If I have orders to split I just tell them ahead of tine. Sometimes they ring me once and give me 2 or 3 promos...sometimes they do seperate transactions. If you buy 1 big set for 300

I was thinking along these lines - will he be able to use my VIP account? (Also need to rack up those VIP points... )

I'm not trying to be a lawless rule-breaker, I just want the maximum amount of free stuff I can legally stagger out of the store carrying, chortling as I go...

Yup he could use your VIP account all he needs to provide is the card or phone number or email address and it will get the points on your card
  • Like 2

You can add family members to your VIP account.

How do I add family members to my LEGO

• Like 2

You can add more than one family member to a card.

Oh, cool! I have a couple of teenagers as well as Mr. Frog, so we'll get everyone signed up and linked up at our first store stop this weekend. Thanks very much (everyone) for the assistance!

(Edited for hilarious typo...)

I usually will bring 2 or more coupons and then say I need to split the order up so i can use all the coupons (1 coupon per transaction is all that is allowed). They always allow this and they automatically give the extra freebies.

Assuming you even get coupons!

I usually will bring 2 or more coupons and then say I need to split the order up so i can use all the coupons (1 coupon per transaction is all that is allowed). They always allow this and they automatically give the extra freebies.

Wait wait wait wait wait... did you say...

COUPONS?!

Do tell. You have my complete attention. Where do I acquire these coupons you speak of?  :shifty:

COUPONS?!

Do tell. You have my complete attention. Where do I acquire these coupons you speak of?  :shifty:

if you get a lego catalog in the mail there is usually a coupon for 10 percent off of one item that you can use in store only

• Like 1

COUPONS?!

pm me  I have a bunch of $5 off $50 purchase coupons that I don't think I will use b4 they expire.  I can send you a few if you want.  It would be a shame for them to be wasted.

• Like 1

COUPONS?!

You're fun, and you really like coupons, so I'll give you a tip. Keep in mind I have not done this...

You know those coupon books you buy from high schools or chick-fil-a? Sometimes they have 10, 20, & 30% off Lego coupons. Sometimes people will sell them on ebay.

• Like 1

You're fun, and you really like coupons, so I'll give you a tip. Keep in mind I have not done this...

You know those coupon books you buy from high schools or chick-fil-a? Sometimes they have 10, 20, & 30% off Lego coupons. Sometimes people will sell them on ebay.

Aha! Thats exactly how I got my stash!

Not to open another discussion about lego catalogs and coupons but some people think if your mail address is close to a lego store then you will get coupons in your catalog. Lots of people have disproven this theory as well. I live about a hour from two lego stores and I've never gotten a coupon.

Not to open another discussion about lego catalogs and coupons but some people think if your mail address is close to a lego store then you will get coupons in your catalog. Lots of people have disproven this theory as well. I live about a hour from two lego stores and I've never gotten a coupon.

I thought we had concluded that an hour was too far away? Someone said the limit was 20 miles or something. Besides, you're not missing much. Anything you can buy 10% off at Lego, you can probably find 15-30% off some other place or time. It still baffles me that the Lego store is the second most expensive place to buy Lego. Two guesses who's in first...