The Cuckoo's Calling

spener90

I am guessing a few people on here are big fans of the Harry Potter books, so in case anyone hasn't heard it, JK Rowling published a book under a pseudo name, Robert Galbraith.  

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cuckoos-Calling-Robert-Galbraith/dp/0316206849/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373980865&sr=8-1&keywords=the+cuckoo%27s+calling

In other news, I'm thinking of writing a book, and having my fake name be John Killian Rowling (JK Rowling)  :rofl:

• Like 1

I am guessing a few people on here are big fans of the Harry Potter books, so in case anyone hasn't heard it, JK Rowling published a book under a pseudo name, Robert Galbraith.  

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cuckoos-Calling-Robert-Galbraith/dp/0316206849/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373980865&sr=8-1&keywords=the+cuckoo%27s+calling

In other news, I'm thinking of writing a book, and having my fake name be John Killian Rowling (JK Rowling)  :rofl:

Amazingly deceptive. Publish something under a psudoname so no one knows it you, one of the most decorated authors in history. Best way to sell books ever.

Amazingly deceptive. Publish something under a psudoname so no one knows it you, one of the most decorated authors in history. Best way to sell books ever.

I thought it was a very creative idea, it's not like she needs the money be any means.  Takes some of the pressure off.  I hope she eventually comes out with another Harry Potter book though, I would love to see a story about the Marauders, maybe go through the time they spent at Hogwarts.  Plus it would create the opportunity for more Lego sets!

I thought it was a very creative idea, it's not like she needs the money be any means.  Takes some of the pressure off.  I hope she eventually comes out with another Harry Potter book though, I would love to see a story about the Marauders, maybe go through the time they spent at Hogwarts.  Plus it would create the opportunity for more Lego sets!

That's true - except that someone immediately found out. Lol.

I just assume her toilet paper is made of money.

A good number of authors use pseudonyms to this very day. My mother always have and will ever be an extremely avid reader and is very knowledgeable on the subject (unlike my retarded self). The only one I can remember off the top of my head is how Stephen King wrote under the name of Richard Bachman way back in the day. I think he has another one he writes under from time to time but I just can't remember it now.

Interesting find, spener90.

Evan better. When the sales of the book starts to go down (or not selling at all), someone can just "leak" the name of the real author.  Presto, instant publications and increase in sales.