Hello from Edmonton, Canada

Just discovered this site a few days ago but I'm a loooong time LEGO fan. Started playing with the original LEGO SPACE, TOWN, and Technic sets from the late 70s onwards. Collected the original Pirate sets fanatically but took a long break afterwards.

That is until the first licensed Star Wars sets appeared 1999 and I was totally hooked again. Have been collecting (and building) Star Wars, Pirates/Carribean, Indiana Jones, Batman, DC/Marvel Heroes, Lord of the Rings, and even Sponge Bob.

Needless to say, my collection has grown massive!

Yay someone else from Edmonton! Technically I'm from St. Albert but no one knows where that is. Did you happen to check out the grand opening of the Lego store in Southgate a month ago?

I sure did, its on the way to work so I've been there half a dozen times already. They seem to have a real trouble keeping the shelves stocked there its been so popular!

I sure did, its on the way to work so I've been there half a dozen times already. They seem to have a real trouble keeping the shelves stocked there its been so popular!

Yeah I can't believe how fast sets are flying off the shelves! I volunteered the Saturday and Sunday of the opening weekend and at one point it was a 3 hour line up just to get into the store. It is easily my favorite store in the city now I just wish it was a tad closer.

Just discovered this site a few days ago but I'm a loooong time LEGO fan. Started playing with the original LEGO SPACE, TOWN, and Technic sets from the late 70s onwards. Collected the original Pirate sets fanatically but took a long break afterwards.

That is until the first licensed Star Wars sets appeared 1999 and I was totally hooked again. Have been collecting (and building) Star Wars, Pirates/Carribean, Indiana Jones, Batman, DC/Marvel Heroes, Lord of the Rings, and even Sponge Bob.

Needless to say, my collection has grown massive!

Awesome! Diversity is definitely the way to go. I need to buy more than just LOTR and SW!

...? Hey, Brianl3. I thought you were in Canada, so why is your profile saying Hong Kong? :blink:

Apparently he actually is in HK. Here's part of a PM that he sent me...Nothing that personal about it, but here it is:

visiting relatives and then going to Japan so that's part of why I haven't been on as much. It is so crowded in hk but there are a couple places where they sell new old and imitation Lego, it's great!