Hello from Texas and/or Cameroon

Howdy, I am new to Brickpicker but have been around Brickset for awhile and selling Lego on and off again to sustain my addiction. I am from Texas but I work in Cameroon, Africa most of the time so I don't often get to do much building. Favorite themes include Castle, Star Wars, Superheros, and City although I often get sucked into at least one or two sets in just about every theme that gets released. Looking forward to meeting you all and joining the discussions.

Howdy, I am new to Brickpicker but have been around Brickset for awhile and selling Lego on and off again to sustain my addiction. I am from Texas but I work in Cameroon, Africa most of the time so I don't often get to do much building. Favorite themes include Castle, Star Wars, Superheros, and City although I often get sucked into at least one or two sets in just about every theme that gets released. Looking forward to meeting you all and joining the discussions.

Welcome to the site! Cameroon, man! How different are things there than the US? I'm not even sure what the currency is there? Lol.

Welcome to the site.  Do you sell your LEGO in Cameroon as well ?  Is there a market for LEGO in Africa ?

No not really much of a market to speak of unless you count embassy workers and other ex-pats selling to each other at yard sales. I did manage to get a UCS AT-ST of all things a month or two ago in a huge pile of bulk from a family returning to the US for good. But generally speaking, there is no Lego selling going on in this country.

Welcome to the site! Cameroon, man! How different are things there than the US? I'm not even sure what the currency is there? Lol.

Central African Francs. Stays about 500 cfa to the USD. So that is nice for converting prices without having to pull out a calculator. And pretty much everything is different at least to some extent. Mainly that the culture is so different and that touches on everything from relationships, attitudes, perceptions etc. There are also a lot of things brought in by the French when they colonized so you see some of that too. For example, being able to buy baguettes on the street (not nearly as good as in France but still good).