100% complete?

matt1147

Does Ebay not have a "report" option to send things like this for review?  Other auction sites I use do and it helps weed out the unscrupulous listings.

You can report items. (I just got done reporting this item.) If you go under the listing's picture you will see two tabs that say "Description" and "Shipping and payments." To the right of those you will see "Report item."

• Like 1

I'm anal when it comes to selling used sets. When I build a model, I put all of the extra pieces into a plastic baggy and then store them with the box. I only call my sets 100% complete if they also come with the extra pieces! I did this when I sold some Harry Potter sets recently. 

You can report items. (I just got done reporting this item.) If you go under the listing's picture you will see two tabs that say "Description" and "Shipping and payments." To the right of those you will see "Report item."

Ah, got it, thanks.  So do they usually do anything about it?

Ah, got it, thanks.  So do they usually do anything about it?

It really depends on what the listing is in violation of. (Selling a prohibited item or having offensive language in your listing is going to get deleted immediately versus a listing like the one above.) They say they will review the listing and depending on the severity of the error than they might delete the listing.

It really depends on what the listing is in violation of. (Selling a prohibited item or having offensive language in your listing is going to get deleted immediately versus a listing like the one above.) They say they will review the listing and depending on the severity of the error than they might delete the listing.

I would agree. Also, they make frequent changes to policy based on what people are violating. Back when people used to sell Video Game items on Ebay, they were banned and we still got around it with ease. But it was like every day someone came up with a new way, they would be reported and Ebay would figure it out.

However, I am surprised they still don't have a "complete" button. Good thing as a buyer, you are protected as heck.

One thing I hate is when they say a set is 100% complete, but you get it and some of the stickers are missing. Ummm.....stickers matter.....if it's suppose to have stickers......... I WANT MY STICKERS!  I try to be very careful now and make sure a listing says all stickers are there or I ask.

I don't think this listing deserved a report. It's a new seller with no DSR yet. The title doesn't claim it's complete. The missing elements are stated. There's a nice photo. It's priced to sell. The old Jabba fig is dull anyway. My closet would have more space for Lego with one less 6210 box.

I think we can agree there are varying defintions of 100% complete, especially when it comes to used Lego. As long as a seller is thorough about what he's sending me, he can call it Lurleen for all I care. The point is, I don't think the guy was trying to mislead anyone.

And no, this is not my listing. My Sail Barge is only 96% complete :)