Hello from Chicago/Denmark

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I currently live just outside of Chicago, but I was born and raised in Denmark. I have lived here in the US for 7 years now.

I have loved LEGOs since I was a kid and luckily my parents still have all my old sets back in Denmark. They come visit every year and will start bringing my old sets over to me. First up is a LEGO castle from 1984. Looking forward to building that again. 

My 5 year old started getting into LEGO recently and now it's all he talks about. Good excuse for me to start buying sets again.I took him to Brickworld Chicago in June, and we both loved it.

I discovered the worth of old sets when I checked the price of the ulitmate collectors edition of the batmobile that I bought a long time ago for $35. Just sold it on eBay for $207 and that really opened my eyes. LEGOs are like stocks, just more fun. I don't know how much I'll be investing, it's really just more of a way to pay for the sets I want to open and build with my son.

Look forward to reading everyone's advice. I have already browsed the forum and read a ton.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I currently live just outside of Chicago, but I was born and raised in Denmark. I have lived here in the US for 7 years now.

I have loved LEGOs since I was a kid and luckily my parents still have all my old sets back in Denmark. They come visit every year and will start bringing my old sets over to me. First up is a LEGO castle from 1984. Looking forward to building that again. 

My 5 year old started getting into LEGO recently and now it's all he talks about. Good excuse for me to start buying sets again.I took him to Brickworld Chicago in June, and we both loved it.

I discovered the worth of old sets when I checked the price of the ulitmate collectors edition of the batmobile that I bought a long time ago for $35. Just sold it on eBay for $207 and that really opened my eyes. LEGOs are like stocks, just more fun. I don't know how much I'll be investing, it's really just more of a way to pay for the sets I want to open and build with my son.

Look forward to reading everyone's advice. I have already browsed the forum and read a ton.

Welcome!

I always wonder how many people there are that look around and find an old set and look on Ebay and then its worth a stupid amount of money :)

Welcome to BrickPicker! I'm right in Chicago, as are several other members. We have a little thread to post deals that we find in the Chicago/IL area at http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/1462-the-chicagoil-area-forum/?hl=chicago. Great to hear that you made it to Brickworld! I couldn't make it, much to my dissappointment, but from what I've heard it was awesome!

EDIT: Woops, just realized that you already found your way to that thread. Sorry 'bout that!