Hi from a newbie

A quick Hello from Paris!

I am, let's say, new in the lego investement world but I've been playing lego for 5/6 years when I was a kid.
Then I came to playing video games (wihch I still do) and sold my lego, probably around 5 kilos, for nothing in order to buy some cheap games.
At this time I had no idea of the value of our beloved bricks. Trust me, now I regret it ...

Anyway, I am back in the lego world and now that I have a job I can buy and choose my sets :D
I have to admit for now I don't really buy sets for investement but more for playing and MOCing. I buy essentially Technics set as I love all the enginieering involved in building them. I also seek good deal on ebay and other websites to buy cheap incomplete sets to grow my part collection.

I bought some Architecture sets as well, both for decoration and investement purpose.

As I am getting more and more interested in lego investment, I'll be hanging around, for long I hope, so, write to you soon :)

Thanks for reading and thanks to the site owners and administrators for the amazing work they have done and still do.

Cheers!

P.S. Apologies for my english, as you have guessed it, english is not my native language ;)

A quick Hello from Paris!

I am, let's say, new in the lego investement world but I've been playing lego for 5/6 years when I was a kid.

Then I came to playing video games (wihch I still do) and sold my lego, probably around 5 kilos, for nothing in order to buy some cheap games.

At this time I had no idea of the value of our beloved bricks. Trust me, now I regret it ...

Anyway, I am back in the lego world and now that I have a job I can buy and choose my sets :D

I have to admit for now I don't really buy sets for investement but more for playing and MOCing. I buy essentially Technics set as I love all the enginieering involved in building them. I also seek good deal on ebay and other websites to buy cheap incomplete sets to grow my part collection.

I bought some Architecture sets as well, both for decoration and investement purpose.

As I am getting more and more interested in lego investment, I'll be hanging around, for long I hope, so, write to you soon :)

Thanks for reading and thanks to the site owners and administrators for the amazing work they have done and still do.

Cheers!

P.S. Apologies for my english, as you have guessed it, english is not my native language ;)

Welcome to Brickpicker!

Your english is fine. Most native english speakers never bother to even try another language, so you're already ahead of the game. Welcome to the site.

p.s. I love Technic, too. I'd suggest the Unimog for a serious investment set.

Thanks I appreciate the compliment.

Indeed I've been looking at buying the Unimog but it's a bit pricey. Maybe next month ^^.

It seems do be an emblematic Technic set.

When you say serious investment, you mean for fun and play or for re-seling later for higher value?

Thanks I appreciate the compliment.

Indeed I've been looking at buying the Unimog but it's a bit pricey. Maybe next month ^^.

It seems do be an emblematic Technic set.

When you say serious investment, you mean for fun and play or for re-seling later for higher value?

I can't really even tell you are foreign when you post. Ha

Your english is fine. Most native english speakers never bother to even try another language, so you're already ahead of the game. Welcome to the site.

p.s. I love Technic, too. I'd suggest the Unimog for a serious investment set.

True that about Native English speakers. I tried to learn French but my teachers kind of sucked.

I can't really even tell you are foreign when you post. Ha

Wow that's an even better compliment, thanks! I try!

True that about Native English speakers. I tried to learn French but my teachers kind of sucked.

In your defense French is harder to learn than English is. Plus English is everywhere so you get to practice it more often.

By the way, I am impressed by your brickfolio stats.

Out of curiosity, do you build and play all the sets you buy or is it just for investment sake?

Welcome... Architecture sets do look pretty awesome! Technic isn't my forte, but when I see what other people have built, it is amazing!!

Thanks, yes, you can do pretty impressive stuff with Technic, even with a good amount of details unlike some might think.

Interesting wordpress by the way :)

Welcome aboard. Your collection is going to increase at a dramatic rate now that you are visiting Brickpicker.com.

Thank you! I am affraid so :'( . The bright side is that now I can blame Brickpicker each time I argue with my GF about that.

hello and don't worry hour english is pretty bad from thyme to time

Thanks, hopefully mine is not that bad :sarcastic:

Thanks again all for your welcome messages.