What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Was at target and found several LEGO sets in the clearance isle.  Didn't buy a single one.  Why?  Because none of them were on sale!  That's right.  I priced a couple and they were still at full price.  (NOTE: LEGO constraction sets to lower left on bottom shelf and Solo LEGO sets on top shelf just right of center of the pic).  
Me: "Excuse me can you please price this? ...  Why is this full price when it is in the clearance isle?"
Target emp: "They have been discontinued by the manufacturer." 
Me: "They're in the 50% clearance isle but they're not 50% off?"
Target emp: "No, only the things on the third shelf are 50% off, everything else is just discontinued." 
Me: *facepalm*
20191011_130937.thumb.jpg.2de3b02a9cd9b6d01ab38a035e8c3b07.jpg

That employee did you a favor.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

Poor kids in the day only got 442 and 897. The rich kids got 924. 

Oh, I coveted my 924.  That was beyond a doubt, my favorite LEGO set from my youth.

1 hour ago, minicoopers11 said:

Shocking, just shocking! I can't BELIEVE it! Something in the WRONG spot in a RETAIL store?! No way! Unacceptable!

It wasn't in the wrong spot.  Employee told him everything else in the area was there because it was discontinued.  Just not marked down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After searching for a Kessel Run Millennium Falcon for myself during clearance sales and coming up empty, I finally found a lone one at my local Target today.  I passed on it because it was scanned at $135.20.  The See low price in cart option does not show a price because it is no longer in stock on Target.com.   :(  

My quest continues...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

Returning 3xForma plus Gingerbread House freebie and sticking to my commitment to get out of selling.

I stopped buying about 1/2 year ago and was trying to get rid of my remaining stock, then got back into it this black Friday. I personnally wanted to space back in the house, what made you stop?

44 minutes ago, Voltron86 said:

I stopped buying about 1/2 year ago and was trying to get rid of my remaining stock, then got back into it this black Friday. I personnally wanted to space back in the house, what made you stop?

I'm tired of going up into the attic to get boxes and packing material. If I had a dedicated room for storage the task would be less onerous but I'm also no longer interested in the chase for bargains. Basically, my time is worth more than the profit available.

Edited by Scatterbug
  • Like 2

Lol, I just got sucked back into it during Black Friday week as well after not buying, just selling inventory the past three years.  Not only had I sworn it off, but I'm pretty sure I've spent more the last part of this year than any year previously.  Crazy!

Can't believe the amount of product out there this year. I thought the big post Christmas clearance runs were just a thing of the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not buy a lone Harvester Transport set at Target for $20.98 because I was able to buy three about 1-2 months for $7 less, and did not buy three Hogwarts Express at 30% off because they have been on clearance for less at Walmart, though much harder to find and instantly gone where I live, and that buy-in is too high for me.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...