Wal-Mart site-to-store advisory

Typically when you buy from Wal-Mart online and choose site-to-store for merchandise pick-up the item will come in a shipping box.

But sometimes the items isn't boxed and they slap an adhesive label with your name and order right on the product box. This is what happened on my recent Lego order of a Golden Dragon. Fortunately this was a birthday gift for my daughter but had it been for collecting I would have been pissed.

Just be aware.....

Typically when you buy from Wal-Mart online and choose site-to-store for merchandise pick-up the item will come in a shipping box.

But sometimes the items isn't boxed and they slap an adhesive label with your name and order right on the product box. This is what happened on my recent Lego order of a Golden Dragon. Fortunately this was a birthday gift for my daughter but had it been for collecting I would have been pissed.

Just be aware.....

Wow - I guess if it comes on their truck they don't care? I didn't think USPS or any main company would take that.

Good info.

This actually has happened to me. I ordered an expensive hardcover book via site-to-store, two weeks later I go to pick it up and the whole freakin binding is destroyed!! It had extensive water damage also. They didn't discount it or anything!! I just had to wait another frickin month!! :growl:

This actually has happened to me. I ordered an expensive hardcover book via site-to-store, two weeks later I go to pick it up and the whole freakin binding is destroyed!! It had extensive water damage also. They didn't discount it or anything!! I just had to wait another frickin month!! :growl:

You should have called them and asked for a discount. If you would have really pleaded your case I think they could've gave you at least 20% off.

You should have called them and asked for a discount. If you would have really pleaded your case I think they could've gave you at least 20% off.

I didn't feel like dealing with them. I bought it a couple of weeks before christmas last year, soooo..... the customer service lines were crazy.

Just be aware.....

I posted my problems with site to store last week. I have found two possibilities for stupidity with Walmart Site to Store.

1. Slap a LEGO box in an unpadded envelope, throw it on Fedex, and watch the once square box become flattened like a pancake.

2. Slap a HUGE white label across the entire front of the box that has the same info you could have have simply put inside a shipping box. I have complained to management face to face and to corporate via multiple surveys.

I'm now going to pay the shipping to see if it comes shipped to my house in an actual box. My fear is that they will still use their logic for packing and it will be destroyed before reaching my very rural address.

I know your pain.