MLB AllStar game rosters

M4x18

The rosters were announced on Saturday.

I'm an A's fan, so seeing Bartolo as the only A's player selected ticked me off a bit. Balfour should've gone, Donaldson could also have been selected but there are bigger names - not stats - on the AL roster.

I know that Ed is a Yankee fan, anyone else here follows MLB? How did your team fare?

Here are the rosters BTW:

AL Starters
Joe MauerTwins
1B Chris DavisOrioles
2B Robinson CanoYankees
SS J.J. Hardy, Orioles
3B Miguel Cabrera, Tigers
OF Mike TroutAngels
OF Adam Jones, Orioles
OF Jose BautistaBlue Jays
DH David OrtizRed Sox

AL Pitchers
RHP Max Scherzer, Tigers
RHP Felix HernandezMariners
RHP Clay Buchholz, Red Sox
LHP Brett Cecil, Blue Jays
RHP Justin Verlander, Tigers
RHP Justin MastersonIndians
LHP Chris SaleWhite Sox
RHP Mariano Rivera, Yankees
RHP Bartolo ColonAthletics
RHP Yu DarvishRangers
RHP Hisashi Iwakuma, Mariners
RHP Jesse Crain, White Sox
RHP Joe Nathan, Rangers
LHP Glen Perkins, Twins

AL Reserves
1B Prince Fielder, Tigers
OF Torii Hunter, Tigers
SS Jhonny Peralta, Tigers
2B Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox
OF Nelson Cruz, Rangers
UTIL Ben ZobristRays
Jason CastroAstros
1B Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays
OF Alex GordonRoyals
2B Jason Kipnis, Indians
3B Manny Machado, Orioles
Salvador Perez, Royals

NL Starters
Yadier MolinaCardinals
1B Joey VottoReds
2B Brandon Phillips, Reds
SS Troy TulowitzkiRockies
3B David WrightMets
OF Carlos Beltran, Cardinals
OF Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies
OF Bryce HarperNationals

NL Pitchers
LHP Clayton KershawDodgers
LHP Patrick Corbin, Diamondbacks
RHP Matt Harvey, Mets
RHP Adam Wainwright, Cardinals
RHP Jason GrilliPirates
RHP Jordan Zimmermann, Nationals
RHP Craig KimbrelBraves
LHP Aroldis Chapman, Reds
LHP Travis WoodCubs
RHP Jose FernandezMarlins
LHP Cliff LeePhillies
LHP Jeff Locke, Pirates
LHP Madison Bumgarner, Giants

NL Reserves
OF Andrew McCutchen, Pirates
OF Michael Cuddyer, Rockies
Buster Posey, Giants
3B Pedro Alvarez, Pirates
OF Domonic Brown, Phillies
SS Everth CabreraPadres
2B Matt Carpenter, Cardinals
1B Allen Craig, Cardinals
1B Paul GoldschmidtDiamondbacks
OF Carlos GomezBrewers
SS Jean Segura, Brewers
2B Marco Scutaro, Giants

My Jays did ok...with 3 players.  There's a slim chance another Jays reliever will be voted in.  Bullpen has been great this year.  AL East is so tough and beating 3-4 teams in front to take the wild card will be very hard.  Take it one series at I time I guess, Blue Jays hasn't played meaningful games in Sept for a LONG time except for being spoilers!  

I'm a pretty insane Tigers fan.  Not a bandwagon jumper since the team turned things around in the mid-2000's, either.  I suffered through record-breaking losing seasons to see them become division favorites.  I'm hoping Benoit is voted in.

Guest ph4tb0i

My Jays did ok...with 3 players.  There's a slim chance another Jays reliever will be voted in.  Bullpen has been great this year.  AL East is so tough and beating 3-4 teams in front to take the wild card will be very hard.  Take it one series at I time I guess, Blue Jays hasn't played meaningful games in Sept for a LONG time except for being spoilers!  

...and tbh I don't think this will be the year either. Other than that hot steak the team is way inconsistent (as usual). 

Kind of sucks that we've had mediocre sports teams for so long.. :( I miss the early 90s haha.

Was at the Jays game yesterday...nice crowd of 40,000+ (probably because of free bobble head day haha, sadly we didn't get there early enough).  Yeah, unlike other sports with fewer team players (ie nba)...it usually takes longer to get a nice line up.  Jays are just bad against teams in the tough AL East, some bad bounces or mistakes.

I know every team has injuries, but when Lawrie comes back,with Morrow and Happ to name a few we should be playing better.

Back in the glory days I could probably name 80%-90% of all players on MLB rosters but since that lockout/strike I'm not a hardcore fan anymore.  Expo's had a great team too before they left town lol.     

Was at the Jays game yesterday...nice crowd of 40,000+ (probably because of free bobble head day haha, sadly we didn't get there early enough).  Yeah, unlike other sports with fewer team players (ie nba)...it usually takes longer to get a nice line up.  Jays are just bad against teams in the tough AL East, some bad bounces or mistakes.

I know every team has injuries, but when Lawrie comes back,with Morrow and Happ to name a few we should be playing better.

Back in the glory days I could probably name 80%-90% of all players on MLB rosters but since that lockout/strike I'm not a hardcore fan anymore.  Expo's had a great team too before they left town lol.     

Aaaah, the Expos.  Saw one of the final games in Montreal many moons ago.  I wish Canada had another team. 

I'm a Reds fan, but I live in Minnesota, so I'm a Twins fan, too.

I'm glad to see a couple of each in the mix, but I know neither club has a very large following.

What's cool is next year it's in Minnesota for the ASG and the following year it's in Cincinnati! I will be at both!!!

I'm happy that Joey Votto gets voted in every year, but I cringe a bit because he never performs all that well at this event. He's awesome for the Reds team but it doesn't quite show up well on ASG day. :(

Chapman, too, can be awesome, but he can choke if anyone's on base while pitching... Bailey should be in the pitching for his two No Hitters!!!!

If the Cards and the Pirates would STOP WINNING, maybe the Reds can have a chance at the playoffs again. :):P

I'm glad to see a couple of each in the mix, but I know neither club has a very large following.

What's cool is next year it's in Minnesota for the ASG and the following year it's in Cincinnati! I will be at both!!!

A fellow Twins fan. Sweet! I've been a fan since I was very little. At my first ever Twins game, I got a Torii Hunter foul ball. You can still see the smear on the printing where he hit it. It's benn sitting in a nice display for about the last 7 years. I've been thinking about getting it signed by him. (He has a website where you can contact him so I might use that.) Link: http://toriihunter.com/

Reds fan...I enjoyed the Barry Larkin + Nasty Boys era. 

Torri Hunter almost charged the mound against my Jays haha. 

What I don't like about the All Star game now is the roster has gotten too big...not that special to be included anymore.  I know it's more appealing for fans to have your favourite/hometown player in but it kinda dilutes who are the 'real' All Stars.  Fan voting is fine, no system is perfect...like in any sport there will always be deserving players left out. 

I'm happy that Joey Votto gets voted in every year, but I cringe a bit because he never performs all that well at this event. He's awesome for the Reds team but it doesn't quite show up well on ASG day. :(

Chapman, too, can be awesome, but he can choke if anyone's on base while pitching... Bailey should be in the pitching for his two No Hitters!!!!

If the Cards and the Pirates would STOP WINNING, maybe the Reds can have a chance at the playoffs again. :):P

I don't know about the Cards, but the Pirates have in the past been good about not winning.

I don't know about the Cards, but the Pirates have in the past been good about not winning.

I'm not a Pirates fan, obviously, but I think this years team is different.  They were close last year, got to taste some success.  You can tell they truly believe that they are contenders this year.