Sideshow collectibles investing

StarPod

Has anyone ever heard if sideshow collectibles? Some friends of mine who also invest in Lego were showing me these amazingly detailed statues and how they have a ridiculous return on them once sold out

http://m.ebay.com/search?kw=Sideshow+darth+talon&isNewKw=1&so=12&pgn=1&epp=24&fads=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0

This was a 290$ piece back a year ago and only 300

The link is not working for me. Is anyone else having that problem?

I haven't seen these but am always looking for more toys/items to collect. 

I am curious if it is appropriate to have a section titled "other collectibles"  while I know this is a LEGO website, I know many of us collect and sell whatever we can.  It would be nice if there was an area where we can share knowledge with other people that we already "know" about hot selling items.  Just my 2 cents...

EDIT.  Link worked for me

It doesn't look like any of those have sold at prices anywhere near what those are listed for. Sideshow, Gentle Giant and others definitely make some really nice stuff, but I'd say you'd have an even more difficult time picking real winners for investment purposes. It seems that they make so many different items and often they end up not selling out at regular price. But I'm not an expert on reselling these items.

I've had my eye on Sideshow for a while now, just haven't done anything about it. StarPod is right, though, some of their pieces show very strong growth after eol. And the market is very similar to Lego in that you must choose carefully which pieces to invest in. The only real problem is that they almost never go on sale or clearance. If you want to take the risk, you'll have to pay full msrp.