Star Wars 7879 Hoth Echo Base going EOL? Yes according to Christiana Mall store

I think that the "Retiring Soon" tag is just like the label on sets at LEGO.com. They often give sets the label to move the inventory, not that it is actually retiring in the next week. There are some sets that keep these labels for weeks. Maybe TLG has stopped making them, but there are still a TON out there, even in retail stores.

On a side note, Willy431 is correct... the minifigures are amazing. You get basically as many as Jabba's Palace, except for less $$. Plus I personally have never been a Tatooine fan. More of a Hoth/Kashyyk/Coruscant/Endor person.

Batman has taken the Tony Stark route where he doesn't care who knows his identity... as he is that damn good :)

TRU will have these things forever I imagine

I was just about to mention Tony Stark. Ha. You beat me to it. Plus 1 for you since my son's name is Anthony,

• Like 1

That thing retails for 90 bucks! I'd pay $50 tops for the figures.  Rest of set is garbage.

Prob is that it's a ToysRUs exclusive. Any other store would've had nice discounts on it or even a lower retail price. I've only seen it below $70 ($66) once at TRU. Last year (the week either before or after Black Friday) , this and Palpatine's Arrest were $66. A $70 tag makes this set so much more appealing. Like the B-Wing, it was just priced too high.

He has got the Tony Stark smirk down pat.

Now if he grows up to marry someone like Gwyenth Paltrow, thats superhero like. :)

After scoring $80mill or so for his roles in Avengers and Iron Man 3, I don't think he would mind ending up like RDJ (minus all his previous issues)

Hard to believe he was completely knocked back for even a screen test as Tony Stark initially, due to his perceived "box office toxicity".

After scoring $80mill or so for his roles in Avengers and Iron Man 3, I don't think he would mind ending up like RDJ (minus all his previous issues)

Hard to believe he was completely knocked back for even a screen test as Tony Stark initially, due to his perceived "box office toxicity".

Lol yes it is. I don't think thats a problem now.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...