Hi from CA

Hi all! I'm from the Sacramento area and have been following this site for a few weeks now. I really appreciate all of the great info I have found. I started building a collection for my son and hope that the investing part of this hobby can help fund that. I have enjoyed hunting down deals although my local Target/Walmart seem to be pretty stingy with the clearance items. Hopefully that changes over the next few weeks!

Guest eightbrick

Welcome! I haven't been to Sacramento, but I've seen a lot of shots of tower bridge and the State Capitol Muesum in the TV show, the Mentalist (you may or may not have heard of it :D ). It looks like a great place! I wish you luck in finding good deals at your local stores; as we enter July clearance becomes more likely. Have fun!

People in California generally make more (with a higher cost of living). Do you mostly buy online because things are generally more expensive in stores? Or am I overstating this?

Just know my job rates a $70K salary in California as a $45K salary in Alabama. 

Either way I think living in California probably works out way for the better!

People in California generally make more (with a higher cost of living). Do you mostly buy online because things are generally more expensive in stores? Or am I overstating this?

Just know my job rates a $70K salary in California as a $45K salary in Alabama. 

Either way I think living in California probably works out way for the better!

I think you hit the nail on the head, I do buy more online. I guess I shouldn't think that Lego would be an exception. :). Do you find that, in a certain state/county/etc., clearance items vary based on the income level of the surrounding neighborhood? I was thinking about expanding my Target search radius to see if that's the case.

California hasn't worked out well for the past few days as we have had 105+ temps. Anyone else experiencing heat waves?

I think you hit the nail on the head, I do buy more online. I guess I shouldn't think that Lego would be an exception. :). Do you find that, in a certain state/county/etc., clearance items vary based on the income level of the surrounding neighborhood? I was thinking about expanding my Target search radius to see if that's the case.

California hasn't worked out well for the past few days as we have had 105+ temps. Anyone else experiencing heat waves?

Welcome and hope you enjoy all the reading.  There are many parents on this forum (including myself).  

Heat waves even in the 'cold north' Canada :)  Not to be a downer...and just a public announcement - with the hot temps please remember your kids, pets, Lego etc in the car.  There has been two horror stories lately in Canada of little kids dying in the car because their caregiver forgot them!!  I read something about in North America (or just the US), there are about 30-40 deaths on average each year of kids being left in the car - horrible.

Anyways, back to happier thoughts...