What random older set did you see in a store?

Guest eightbrick

A couple years ago I came across this set in the wild: http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=3560-1 (NBA Collector's #1). It's from 2003 so it had to have sat in that store for at least 7 years before I picked it up. Unfortunately, it's only worth about 10 bucks.

That's the oldest I've found so far, but like JoshTX, I've seen a couple space police, prince of persia, toy story sets and such around.

The owner operated toy store near my daughter's school has a 4404 Land Busters set on shelf, as well as a couple of Jack Stone sets from 2001. Their Lego window is decorated with a poster from the mid-80s showing some of the sets (like the 6374 Holiday Home) that I had when I was a kid. Actually I still have them and recently passed them on to said daughter.

Found a 7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator for $30 at Walmart (horrible box condition) and a 7956 Ewok Attack at Target for $6 (tax free because the system couldn't find it), both from this year. I can't remember anything from the past years so don't know about anything found prior.

Guest eightbrick

The owner operated toy store near my daughter's school has a 4404 Land Busters set on shelf, as well as a couple of Jack Stone sets from 2001. Their Lego window is decorated with a poster from the mid-80s showing some of the sets (like the 6374 Holiday Home) that I had when I was a kid. Actually I still have them and recently passed them on to said daughter.

You win.

I saw one of the 2006 Knights Kingdom's hero type sets in a meijer for 50%/$10 off last week.  I passed on it, since it has a very minimal demand.  Always weird to find a set from a while ago, I have this dream that I will go to a store and find a really classic set.  Like going to a Lego store and having the manager say, we have a 10179 in the back we just dug up...  :shocked:

Found some Harry Potter polybags today in target - "the Lab".

Same here. About a handful of them hanging around the other Lego for a couple of weeks now. My Five Below put these and some other polybags back out again in a diffent spot from before. (Way to confuse your customers, Five Below.)