Best Ways to Save In an Rural Area

Ok, so many of you have seen my troubles with my Lego Availability and basically being restricted to just Walmart as my only physical store to visit for Clearance. 

I would love to have suggestions as to how I can save the most money ordering online. If I have to drive to Memphis, TN (2 hr drive) to hit Targets/TRU/WalMarts, I'll spend 4 hrs roundtrip traveling, and of course $$$ in gas. 

I know to watch Amazon. I'm not really familiar with shopping Amazon.Uk yet, but I'm going to make that a new way to check for deals. I know I can get Walmart to ship to store (crap) , or ship to my house... Target the same.

What other ways can I save?

• Special Credit/Store Member cards?
  • ******? I saws someone mention this but I have no idea about this one.
  • Any other online retailers to watch that could save me money or offer special deals? 

I simply am limited to physical clearance deals. I think I can still do OK investing with a majority of my portfolio coming online.  I may not get as big returns as some others on here, but I feel it is still worth the time.

Again, I appreciate the help!

Kris

• Amazon - Amazon card. 3% back in points. Pretty good for getting stuff back.
  • ToysRUs - TRU master card - you get the equivalent of 4% back in rewards and they have coupons regularly. Also when you open it you get an extra 15% off a full purchase (I dominated with this as I used it with a BOGO 50% sale).
  • ****** - Has some good cash back deals if you shop at certain stores. Kmart is the best as you get 6% cash back and then can open a "shop your way account" and get extra rewards.
  • Barnes and Noble - 10% off with Membership card ($25) a year.
  • Cruise Ebay - this is the best one in my opinion. Plus Ebay bucks get you around 2% back. 
  • Like 1

I'm actually from Kentucky originally. I moved to Alabama a couple of years ago. I have family in Birmingham. I live in Huntsville. Which is an awesome place if you have ever been here. Space center, Arsenal, etc.

Yes been there.  I need to take my kids to see it.. they would love it.. 

Thanks again!

What's the population of your town/area? Are there enough people there to support weekly garage or estate sales? That's an avenue that you can find success with usually older items, Lego and otherwise.

The one advantage you have by living where you do is that you probably have far less competition. I'd seek out all the potential methods you can follow and at least check up regularly. If there are antique dealers or resalers around, get to know them and tell them to contact you if they see something. Extra pairs of eyes and ears. People in big cities can't employ those kinds of methods but you may be able to.

What's the population of your town/area? Are there enough people there to support weekly garage or estate sales? That's an avenue that you can find success with usually older items, Lego and otherwise.

The one advantage you have by living where you do is that you probably have far less competition. I'd seek out all the potential methods you can follow and at least check up regularly. If there are antique dealers or resalers around, get to know them and tell them to contact you if they see something. Extra pairs of eyes and ears. People in big cities can't employ those kinds of methods but you may be able to.

Good points. Yes, there are a fair amount of garage sales. Found one advertised last night with a mixed bag of city sets, no minifigs, no boxes but she wanted 40.00 and wouldn't budge. I thought that was too high as the stickers on the sets were all crooked and she said they were missing pieces. 

I will put the feelers out and I joined a new Facebook Group that sells a good mixture of everything in our tri-county area.

Appreciate the help!