Hi everyone.  My name is Daniel.  I don't consider myself a LEGO collector; however, I started buying LEGO sets again two years back since I had a son and was thinking of being able to spend time playing LEGO with my son.  Just joined BrickPicker to learn more to pick the next set to buy so I can buy it before the set's price increases (and cost me more money to buy).  As far as making money off LEGO sets, not really my goal, but if it can be done, then that's even better :)

Anyway, just want to say hi to everyone.  Hope to learn from you guys.

Hi there.  I started out just buying to build and give to my children to play with immediately.  Then I started buying sets now, to give to them in future (to save money on future prices).  Now, I've lost control and am buying purely to sell on later.  Hopefully, you have more discipline and/or money than me!

Welcome to BrickPicker. If you want to see more about what people are predicting is going to be retired based on clearance in their area, go to http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4008-retiring-soon-update-thread/page-3#entry129490 as well as http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4039-official-target-july-clearance-thread/page-8#entry129627 to see what people have found at their Targets on clearance.

I'll also just give you a friendly reminder that every year, Target, Walmart, as well as several other major retailers have a Summer Clearance of LEGO's, as well as a After-Holidays Clearance, which includes LEGO bricks. Summer clearance is just starting, and we mainly have sets around 15% off to 25%, though a few members have been able to find sets that were on steeper discounts, including myself, with 50%.

Guest eightbrick

Hi Daniel! If you are looking for a good start on some interesting information about expected price increases, you should check out the Blogs and Reviews on the site. I wish you good luck as you venture into the Lego hobby (just don't get too addicted ;) ) Have fun!