Not a good experience again at Wal-Mart

Msudawgs56

I posted in a previous thread about the Walmart ship to store labels being stuck on my individual boxes. Well I have yet another issue.

I do not have a local supply of Lego. I have to order online to get any kind of variety. I ordered a small Iron Man 76008 on Site to Store. It took  a few days to get it here, as they shipped it from Bentonville Arkansas. No problem right? 

Well, they shipped it in an envelope via Fedex. No packaging, no insulation. Just an envelope. After talking to an employee that wasn't normally working in this dept. I decided to open the envelope up to see a totally squished box. I was ticked. 

I could have returned it, but then I would have to order another online, So I opened the box right there to inspect all the pieces. All was good, no broken bricks or minifigs. 

I was ordering this little set for my collection, not to invest so I am not that worried about it this time. But, I'll have to think twice about purchasing from site to store as I do not want to purchase investments to come in like this.

What idiot thinks a box will survive in an envelope via Fedex?  Maybe if I ordered 10 of them they would have boxed them. Maybe.

Wal-Mart's prices are a few $'s cheaper than Amazon, but Amazon always packages their shipments well. 

It is extremely hard to collect anything when you live way out i the Boonies like me! 

Just wanted to rant!

post-15790-0-54406200-1372897818_thumb.j

post-15790-0-14265500-1372897820_thumb.j

Have a good one!

No Lego at your walmart? Jeez what do kids get for christmas out there?

It must be a "Neighborhood" Walmart which means that they just carry groceries and other so-called necessities, like toothbrushes. The only Walmart near me is like that, which is why I only go to Targets for LEGO's.

IMO, LEGO bricks are necessity! Please tell me you guys agree!

• Like 2

but Amazon always packages their shipments well. 

No they don't... Just had a box arrive that had literally no padding in it at all... Another small set came in a dvd/vhs/book shipping box that was small then the box, so it was crushed to fit in...

It must be a "Neighborhood" Walmart which means that they just carry groceries and other so-called necessities, like toothbrushes. The only Walmart near me is like that, which is why I only go to Targets for LEGO's.

IMO, LEGO bricks are necessity! Please tell me you guys agree!

I wanted to double upvote this. there is not a truer statement. I will go without food to buy Legos.

Guest eightbrick

I'm sorry to hear that your order turned out bad. Sometimes, with things like this you need to really chew out the CS rep on the phone and ask for a replacement. Best of luck to you...

Lesson learned.  Skip on Walmart.  While their shipping method doesn't make sense and I am not defending it.  I have no doubts they would have replaced it at no cost to you.  Amazon has more trustworthy packaging in my opinion though I've never had a bad experience through Walmart.

Walmart's policy (though keep in mind how often they enforce or adhere directly to it varies with each store/counter/worker/etc), is to offer store credit on returns done without a receipt on anything under $50.00, and to only offer exchanges on items over $50.00.

Keep in mind, that even what you can exchange the item for varies. I've had different Walmarts allow me to exchange for anything in the toy section only, any LEGO set only, and in the worst cases, they've only let me exchange for the exact, identical item.

It's horrendously YMMV, as with most things from Walmart to Walmart.

I hear a lot of nightmares about Site to Store. Honestly, I would avoid it, and instead, if you ever find a good price on an item on Walmart.com, just go get it matched at a Target that carries the item.