Hulk's Helicopter Breakout & Catwoman City Chase

Msudawgs56

I live in a very rural area in Mississippi. I have one Wal-Mart that has 1/2 isle of Lego shelved. I pick it over regularly looking for deals but usually have very little luck at all. Well, recently, I was digging through the messed up shelves and found one Hulk's Helicopter Breakout 6868 with a clearance sticker. (Now you have to remember that my Wal-Mart does not have a clearance section for Toys. They have a rather small toy dept. ). Well, the sticker said $35.00 marked down from $49.97 but was ringing up regular price. So I had the manager double check and he said they had to sell it to me for this price. The clearance tag was dated back to March.

post-15790-0-35891100-1372796713_thumb.j

So I walked out with one since they would not reduce the price on the others to match. Saved me a little money.

Second, surprise was that I ended up driving to visit my dad yesterday in a town 30 miles from my house. I had to go check out their Lego stock. This Wal-Mart has 2 entire sections (1 long toy isle) filled with Lego. Way more than my home store.  Here I landed 5 - 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase for $9.00 each. Cheaper than Walmart.com.

post-15790-0-57091400-1372796739_thumb.j

This one in the image has some rough corners on the box, so I'll build this one out myself and add it to my collection. The others are being held back.

The weird thing about Walmart is that many of the prices at this particular store were way cheaper than my home store and the sets did not ring up the sticker price. Many were way cheaper. I landed a few more deals and found 2 on the clearance rack. 

Walmart is so inconsistent you really have to scan each model to see what it rings up!

Well, the sticker said $35.00 marked down from $49.97 but was ringing up regular price. So I had the manager double check and he said they had to sell it to me for this price. The clearance tag was dated back to March.

So I walked out with one since they would not reduce the price on the others to match. Saved me a little money.

Nice one there. I have found out from before (at Walmart at least) that they must sell you the item for what the attached sticker price says even if it rings up regular retail. Like you mentioned, unfortunately they will not price match any other similiar item to that price unless they have the same sticker as well. At Target they may, but not Walmart.

Nice one there. I have found out from before (at Walmart at least) that they must sell you the item for what the attached sticker price says even if it rings up regular retail. Like you mentioned, unfortunately they will not price match any other similiar item to that price unless they have the same sticker as well. At Target they may, but not Walmart.

I used to live in Kentucky.  I worked at a retail store. There, if there was a sign over an item, attached to an item, etc. it did not matter what it said the item was, you had to sell it for that price by law. The place I worked stressed constantly how important having signs in the correct places were.

If we thought someone was lying about a sign being moved, we went to security tape. It was serious stuff.

Unfortunately it does encourage people to "pop tags" as they say.

I used to live in Kentucky.  I worked at a retail store. There, if there was a sign over an item, attached to an item, etc. it did not matter what it said the item was, you had to sell it for that price by law. The place I worked stressed constantly how important having signs in the correct places

I so wish that was the law Here in NY. Its so deflating when you see a great price beneath a set u really want, get totally stoked, and then realize that the price tag on the shelf was really for a littlest pet shop piece of garbage that was 3 toy spots over!

Every retail store I go to, I scan the prices anyway. I have found Lego sets with further discounts from what they are tagged at several times!

I hate seeing items on the wrong part of a shelf though, it does get you excited only to be let down. Stores are smart enough to have a clear item description these days to avoid having to give out items at the lower prices.