Retiring Soon LEGO CHI Battles 70113 EOL...Gone?...but flooded market.

brickolodon

Guest eightbrick

This set is an interesting case. I believe this is the first time Lego has had mass, unnannounced, giveaways?

This set is an interesting case. I believe this is the first time Lego has had mass, unnannounced, giveaways?

Yes, I think so. It seems like TLG was just trying to get rid of these. Just like the 2012 Advent Calendar (and various other sets that were on sale/giveaways), the market is flooded with these. It will take a while for them to bounce back up... If ever.

Yes, I think so. It seems like TLG was just trying to get rid of these. Just like the 2012 Advent Calendar (and various other sets that were on sale/giveaways), the market is flooded with these. It will take a while for them to bounce back up... If ever.

At least they were giveaways though, at least usually.

Wait, so noone thinks this was actually a brilliant ploy by LEGO to start grassroot Chima movement ?  You know, so parents can give these sets to kids and their friends to start a demand for the rest of Chima line.... :geek:

Wait, so noone thinks this was actually a brilliant ploy by LEGO to start grassroot Chima movement ?  You know, so parents can give these sets to kids and their friends to start a demand for the rest of Chima line.... :geek:

Especially one month prior to the start of the TV show?  As I mentioned in another thread, T-minus 8 days and counting...