KRE-O Star Trek

sadowsk1

Kre-o and especially this series are done very well. They are the closest to Lego I have seen. Two problems:

1. No numbered bags or really rhyme of reason to how the pieces are separated. I find this very annoying,

2. They are nice looking by themselves, but next to a Lego set they look dull. The colors are not near as vibrant.

The Kre-o Transformers sets are pretty sweet as well. They are very cheap compared to Lego. Just don't set them right by a big Lego set!

People who follow my work know me for mixing off brands with LEGO for my MOCs, and I think it's the best way to use them.

They make great little fiddly parts and interesting pieces that LEGO doesn't that blend pretty seamlessly into LEGO bricks. Things like Stud to Stud connectors (like a 1x1 lampholder with the plate part cut off).

I don't find the colors are that big a deal. I've recently highlighted KRE-O's "Olive Green" color I'd been using out of their Battleship Helicopter set, and I find it a darker, richer olive green compared to LEGO's offering. Here's an example, made by yours truly:

MilitaryChubs.PNG

All the Olive Green is KRE-O, as are some of the black parts in the gun, namely the quad-barrel at the end of the sniper rifle, and the textured barrel brick connecting the KRE-O combat knife (this part is on both guns but it's harder to see it on the sniper rifle).

• Like 1