7153 - Jango Fett's Slave I

mmatthie

Ok I need some opinions on this one...

I found a local sale in my area for a sealed (but damaged box) Jango Fett's Slave 1

I checked eBay and this is a good seller/rare set going > $200 for sealed packages but open box. Even the Jango figure itself is > $50.

Here's a pic of the box, but based on what price I can get it for...I might pull the trigger regardless

Thoughts?

Ok I need some opinions on this one...

I found a local sale in my area for a sealed (but damaged box) Jango Fett's Slave 1

I checked eBay and this is a good seller/rare set going > $200 for sealed packages but open box. Even the Jango figure itself is > $50.

Here's a pic of the box, but based on what price I can get it for...I might pull the trigger regardless

Thoughts?

Nice sets...I have all three in a very cool LEGO store display. If you can get all three in the $250 to $275 range, it might be a great deal.

He's going to get me better images and will sell the Slave 1 separately. Ideas on what a good offer would be? $100?

That is fair. You can always go up. It is a sealed set, but the box is not in mint shape. Set is probably worth more than $100, so if they accept it, it is a good deal for you.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I have negotiated to get all 3 for $225.

The 7153 alone is nearing $220 as a MISB price, so I'm pretty happy with this deal.

Thoughts?

Nice Deal - Not a strech to get twice that much for them. Prices do fluctuate, but the sealed 7153 alone is really more of a $300 set. You must remember that the avg ebay sale price also includes the crazy low sale prices by non Lego people, who don't know their values.

• 11 months later...

I just purchased this set off of eBay for $105. The box is opened, but the bags are still sealed. The picture shows five bags. Can anyone please confirm if this is the correct bag count for this set? I Checked brickset and brickowl but was unable to determine the answer to this. Thank you in advance for any knowledge you can send my way.

Personally I just look through the inventory and check the bags for all different size/types of parts to ensure everything is there. Be aware that some sets might have parts that are packed in the box but aren't in a polybag. I wish some of these databases could provide info on how many polybags sets had/have.

Referencing another open box listing, looks like you are good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Jango-Fetts-Slave-I-7153-sealed-bags-/330988057834

Good price too!

Thank you very much for the effort, dniim. The one I bought has a box in rough shape ( but not completely destroyed ), so if everything is in fact there like the seller says it is and appears to be then I should be able to make a few bucks on it. His pic shows the windshield as well, but not the magnets that are also separate. Everything is still in the box in the pic so they are probably hiding underneath the bags. I'll send him a msg just to verify. Thanks again!