Just Starting to Collect Again, Best Star Wars to Buy

Dhcgy

Hi all,

This site is awesome. So I was a huge lego fan when I was a kid, and recently began buying some castle sets. But I love the star wars sets, and they seem to be great for investment. Just wondering what sets I should get that are out now. I put a budget of 1200 to start, so any input would be appreciiated. One drawback is I live in Canada, never a y deals it seems.

Cheers :)

Thanks everyone, what about the death star, my local lego store still has a few in stock.

That one seems to be tough to predict. Its been on the market for so long that many assume there are a glut of them out there that will drive down demand somewhat after EOL. It may get off to a slow start, but I think in time it could put up promising numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

This site is awesome. So I was a huge lego fan when I was a kid, and recently began buying some castle sets. But I love the star wars sets, and they seem to be great for investment. Just wondering what sets I should get that are out now. I put a budget of 1200 to start, so any input would be appreciiated. One drawback is I live in Canada, never a y deals it seems.

Cheers :)

I think the R2D2 set and the 7965 Falcon sets are pretty good for the money and are pretty sure fire winners in my book.

FOr collecting, with that much money you should pick up a lot of the small battle packs and stuff like the AT RT. They are really cool sets and good for the money. As well as Jabbas Palace with a Rancor Pit and a Desrt Skiff.