Collection Intervention

weakside

Anybody here also a fan of that tv show?  Watched it last night...had couple guys with huge inventory of comics and transformers toys that were just 'addicted' or very passionate about their collection.  Both over valued their collection and didn't want to sell anything.  Would be cool to see a Lego collector on this show...    

Glad to see it is back...cool show. I saw the first couple but then it stopped airing. Obsession and hoarding come to mind when watching CI. I guess what many of us at BP deal with at times. Toy Hunter is cool too from a toy history standpoint, but his schtick and pricing is getting old.

That hoarding can't be healthy mentally or hygienic wise haha.  At least the host on the show was trying to tell the collector, it's better to have quality over quantity.  When it spills into your living/dining room and your spouse hates it...time to go sell some inventory or get a bigger place or live alone :)  Some people hold a lot or too much sentimental value in their toys. 

Easy, just give the producers Ed's address. 

Haha, I think the major investors on this forum do well selling and can let go of their sets.

That hoarding can't be healthy mentally or hygienic wise haha.  At least the host on the show was trying to tell the collector, it's better to have quality over quantity.  When it spills into your living/dining room and your spouse hates it...time to go sell some inventory or get a bigger place or live alone :)  Some people hold a lot or too much sentimental value in their toys. 

Haha, I think the major investors on this forum do well selling and can let go of their sets.

But I think Ed once said he hasn't sold a single set from his collection.

Toy Hunter is cool, but really only because it's the only show devoted to toys. If there were a better one, I'd watch that instead. I mean, I like it, I like the host, but it's too staged and canned. "oh, I flew 957 miles hoping you'd have a specific toy from 1973." "I do have that toy." "Great!" ...right.

Toy Hunter is cool, but really only because it's the only show devoted to toys. If there were a better one, I'd watch that instead. I mean, I like it, I like the host, but it's too staged and canned. "oh, I flew 957 miles hoping you'd have a specific toy from 1973." "I do have that toy." "Great!" ...right.

The guy has to call ahead or something. I can't see anyone in their right mind spending hundreds of dollars and hours of flight just on a possiblity or whim. That would be like me going on Craigslist and looking up listings for states I don't even live in!