2013 SW Investment Help

Deniz0111

Hello guys,

I need some investment advices from you for 2013 SW sets... I will invest in SW sets because as we know the SW sets will be the most valuable sets in the secondary market in 5-10 years. I made a research on "growth potential" of the 2013 SW sets but I need your advices to choose the correct sets to invest in.

My investment conditions:

-I have currently about 300$ to invest.

-I will buy x2 of the same set (1 for my collection and 1 to keep as an investment.)

Thanks,

Deniz

Hello guys,

I need some investment advices from you for 2013 SW sets... I will invest in SW sets because as we know the SW sets will be the most valuable sets in the secondary market in 5-10 years. I made a research on "growth potential" of the 2013 SW sets but I need your advices to choose the correct sets to invest in.

My investment conditions:

-I have currently about 300$ to invest.

-I will buy x2 of the same set (1 for my collection and 1 to keep as an investment.)

Thanks,

Deniz

It depends, but what about your expected holding period? are you going to hold long term or short term? If you are willing to wait some time, any of the UCS sets currently available will probably do very good once retired. The Super Star Destroyer would top my list, but it is around $100 over your current budget, unless you find a good sale.

You may also want to take a chance with a B-Wing at around $ 150, as it may be retiring sooner than expected.

2 x Sail Barge or 2 x Gunship, or if you had an extra $100, 2 x UCS X-Wing.

If you want a quicker ROI, 2 x Millenium Falcon, but that's a prior year set.

Thanks for your reply! As you know, Sail Barge and the Gunship are not on the shelves yet but I can try those sets too, thanks. Do you have any other set recommendations which are on the shelves right now? If you don't, maybe I can the Sail Barge and the Gunship a few months later after some discounts start for'em.

It depends, but what about your expected holding period? are you going to hold long term or short term? If you are willing to wait some time, any of the UCS sets currently available will probably do very good once retired. The Super Star Destroyer would top my list, but it is around $100 over your current budget, unless you find a good sale.

You may also want to take a chance with a B-Wing at around $ 150, as it may be retiring sooner than expected.

Thanks for the reply! My expected holding period is about 5-10 years, so we can call it long term. So UCS sets would be a good investment for a long term holding period, yes, Would you prefer x2 B-Wings or x1 Super Star Destroyer for "my budget"? :)

And I had an idea before posting this thread but I am not sure about it: x2 Jabba's Palace and x2 Rancor Pit. Holding them for 5-10 years and selling 2 of them in 1 auction on eBay. And of couse the most important thing is their "growth potential". So what are you opinions about this idea?

And I had an idea before posting this thread but I am not sure about it: x2 Jabba's Palace and x2 Rancor Pit. Holding them for 5-10 years and selling 2 of them in 1 auction on eBay. And of couse the most important thing is their "growth potential". So what are you opinions about this idea?

I think that sounds like a solid investment as well.

Here is a thread that discussed the bundling of sets: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2323-jabba-sets-all-together/?hl=bundle

Thanks for the reply! My expected holding period is about 5-10 years, so we can call it long term. So UCS sets would be a good investment for a long term holding period, yes, Would you prefer x2 B-Wings or x1 Super Star Destroyer for "my budget"? :)

If holding long term (like you) I would go DEFINITELY with a UCS set. If I had to choose, that set would be the SSD.

• Like 2

Hmm I'm not sure I want to help you anymore....lol just kidding.

I know you specifically asked about Star Wars, but considering your holding period I would also recommend you to take a look at Tower Bridge. Those type of sets have historically done great, and that particular one should be done this year or early 14. The good thing is you could combine that set with one B-Wing or R2-D2 and diversify your risk at least a little.

Yes you are right,for example I see  that the modular building sets have done great. TB must be a good choice. The reason that I asked about the SW sets is because for a lot of years we see that the highest popularity belongs to SW and it seems to be like this in the following years. For example 10123 Cloud City has done extremely great but a set (even SW) couldn't do that great even though it was larger. So it seems like we need to predict the next 5-10 years trend. 

*My disadvantages: Shipping to ?stanbul is sometimes even more than the set itself :) So if I am gonna buy a large set (like right now), I prefer buying multiple large sets in one package. Here, the LEGO prices are 3-4 times more expensive than USA! Being in the US must be great for great deals and shipping..