Examples of offering excellent customer service as a ebay seller

I thought I'd start this thread as a collection of examples of offering great customer service as an Ebay seller.

Share a time when you were the seller or the buyer of an item when an ebay seller went above and beyond when they didn't have to.

I sold a LEGO CITY HELICOPTER AND LIMOUSINE # 3222 on ebay last week and when the buyer got it he said one of the doors was broken and a minifigure was missing. Not sure how either of those happend and maybe they just misplaced the mini figure off the bat. I sent the buyer back a email letting know I would try to find a replacement and luckily I had replacements for everything and I threw in an extra similar mini figure as one of the other ones in the set and a few other extra pieces they could use. 

Guest eightbrick

Nice! I have never bought from eBay, all the Paypal stuff just isn't my speed, but I look forward to hearing more stories of generosity.

Guest eightbrick

I think as a lover of Lego not only as a product but as a company it's so easy to keep people happy by sending them replacements/extras without hassle just like Lego does.

Happy company, happy customers!

Last month i bought a nice lot of minifigures all loose mint for 100.00 delivered on ebay buy it now, there was a chrome darth vader, jango fett, chrome stormtrooper and 12 others. it was a very nice lot. I paid instantly and the seller told me they were going to throw in some bonus figures. when i opened the box right on top was a bagged white boba fett!!!!  under was also two different yodas thrown in.  Probably by far the best seller that went out of thier way to make a happy customer.

• Like 2

Last month i bought a nice lot of minifigures all loose mint for 100.00 delivered on ebay buy it now, there was a chrome darth vader, jango fett, chrome stormtrooper and 12 others. it was a very nice lot. I paid instantly and the seller told me they were going to throw in some bonus figures. when i opened the box right on top was a bagged white boba fett!!!!  under was also two different yodas thrown in.  Probably by far the best seller that went out of thier way to make a happy customer.

Amazing. 

Wow, that is amazing.  Either an extremely generous person, or one that didn't know the value of their figures.  Either way, very nice.

MinifiguresPlus. There was a slight problem with my order, the details of which I won't repeat here. They fixed it quickly and courteously, and turned my frown upside down. You can find them on ebay.

You can find them here, as well.  I was very happy with my sealed cases of Series 10 from them as well.

• Like 1

I almost made someone really happy tonight.  I thought I listed a pair of an item, when it was actually only a single.  I caught it when I was leaving feedback for the buyer.  I had to open the box and remove one of the items.  I probably overpaid for shipping a little, since I calculated the weight for both.  Whew, that was close!!!

MinifiguresPlus. There was a slight problem with my order, the details of which I won't repeat here. They fixed it quickly and courteously, and turned my frown upside down. You can find them on ebay.

I had a good experience with Minifiguresplus as well.

• Like 1

I've had people say they are getting things for their kid's birthday, so I have thrown in a Collectable Minifig.

People with larger orders, I have thrown in a few packets. It is part and parcel of getting repeat customers.

That's a great idea. I actually sold a set on ebay today and the buyer messaged that it was for a bday. So, a great idea AND great timing, thanks! :)

That's a great idea. I actually sold a set on ebay today and the buyer messaged that it was for a bday. So, a great idea AND great timing, thanks! :)

When you buy boxes of them, you always end up with spares. I have 3 boxes of them, one for completed sets, one for incompletes sets (damn Lego's ratio of only 2 full sets per box) and one for giveaways/spares.

Exactly. Might as well spread a bit of goodwill with the extras and if it brings someone back, even better.

These are the exact kinds of stuff I hoped would come up with this Thread. Thanks for sharing TheDarkness. I'll def keep that idea in mind for the future.