Building in Alaska

Greetings All,

I'm located in Alaska, USA but will be moving to Utah in a couple of months. I started getting back into Lego about two years ago, inspired by the coming birth of my first child. I started following sets on e-bay and realized that many of them were priced much higher than retail value back when I was a kid. This led me to discover this site and I have decided to invest in sets on sale and retiring sets in order to turn a profit for funding the hobby. It's a realistic objective to sell Lego in order to fund buying new Lego.

Right now my portfolio of New and (mostly) used sets has almost reached break even in total asset value - which is pretty cool. I don't plan on selling them all, but it will be nice when I've gained back as much as I've spent and can use future profits to buy sets to add to our collection.

Some additioanl information about me: I'm an accounting student working towards law school with a masters in financing. I'm partner in a business doing Support Forestry work in the Tongas National Rainforest here in Alaska. I'm also involved in other various business projects (such as kindle e-books) and investments. So Lego investing is right up my avenue.

Look forward to sharing the trade experience with you all.

Cordially,
Arctic_Builder

(BTW I just built the 10237 The Tower of Orthanc over the past two days while watching the classic TNMT cartoons with my family - great set!)

Welcome to the site! I live in Minnesota so we get some colder weather during the Winter,but not as bad as Alaska of course. Last year we had a day with a wind chill of -42 degrees F and an air temperature of -30 degrees F in my town.

Here in Southeast Alaska our temperatures are considerably moderate compared with the Mid-Upper portion of the continental US. We hit around -10 degrees F in the winter, sometimes. Southeast Alaska is a Temperate Rainforest, which "tempers" out temperatures. Our problem is that 80% of the year is spent in freezing cold rain. Minnesota is beautiful country.

Guest eightbrick

Welcome. I'm from Canada, so now we can talk about cold weather together! Just kidding. If you need anything, just ask; people here will be more than happy to help.