Hello from California, need some help choosing which Legos to invest in!

What's up guys! My names Nick, I've always been into Legos ever since I was a kid. My biggest mistake was selling my cafe corner and my green grocer for 1000 together. But live and learn haha. Anyways I was wondering what Legos to invest in so in the future I can hopefully make some cash! Usually I go for the small sets with good minifigs, I was thinking like the super hero sets with minifigs like venom and doc oct from spider man. I sell on ebay and usually from what I have experienced... the money comes from either big sets like the ultimate collectors Star Wars and lego exclusives like cafe corner and then minifigs. I am really considering the minecraft set? Any suggestions?

You can make money on sets of all sizes......if you look through the forums you can get idea of which sets could possibly do well once they retire, you can even flip some sets that are still in production if you get them at a good price. Scout out your local stores that carry LEGO sets and look for clearance prices, can't go wrong if you get them on clearance. Welcome to the site!!

Hey Nick, welcome to BP! If you like the Superheroes stuff, I have two suggestions. Wolverine's Chopper Showdown has three exclusive minifigs, two of which we'll probably never get again. And Captain America's Avenging Cycle is the only set with Cap, and just went to Lego's Retiring Soon list. Good luck!

Welcome, Nick. Minifigs can be a good angle to pursue, but can be just as tricky as any other investment. Aim for figs that only exist in one or two sets and keep your eyes open to ensure you sell before duplicates are released, unless its an extremely popular fig.