Miscellaneous Forum Topics

Ed Mack

We added this Miscellaneous Forum Category so that Brickpicker Members can post any sort of question or interesting topic. LEGO topics are preferable, but not necessary, as long as they are interesting and of value to other members. Also, no spam or obscene posts. Feel free to post MOCs, LEGO collection pictures, general LEGO questions about building, colors, pieces...whatever. Thanks...

Ed Mack

What do you think of the architecture sets? I am not sure about them as far as investment potential. Same with the SW planet sets. I have so many questions about LEGO in general is this the thread to post just random thoughts and questions?

Architecture sets are relatively new, but I think they worthwhile investments. They are very stylish and creative. You cannot really judge their data right now because they are so new, but I'm confident they will be solid investments. They are an adult based theme and might take a little longer to catch on, but once they start going EOL, you will start to see the prices jump.

As for the Planet sets, I am a big fan of those, also. Nice display pieces. Another series of sets that are of collectible nature. I have multiples of all of them.

• 2 months later...

I agree about the architecture sets and the SW Planets. I think the architecture sets are timeless though the market for them is very narrow. I can't imagine a huge market for them but if they don't sell like crazy they will be hard to find once they EOL. I also love the SW planet sets, I'm not sure why so many people complain. They are neat and I think they will also sell very well once they start disappearing off the shelves. I personally am hoarding Death Star planets just because it is the most iconic.

• 3 months later...

I agree about the architecture sets and the SW Planets. I think the architecture sets are timeless though the market for them is very narrow. I can't imagine a huge market for them but if they don't sell like crazy they will be hard to find once they EOL. I also love the SW planet sets, I'm not sure why so many people complain. They are neat and I think they will also sell very well once they start disappearing off the shelves. I personally am hoarding Death Star planets just because it is the most iconic.

Those plantes you are talking about that big plastic planet liek ball with a minifigure and something inside?

I will likely buy 1 Death star also just to keep it once EOL

What do you think of the architecture sets? I am not sure about them as far as investment potential. Same with the SW planet sets. I have so many questions about LEGO in general is this the thread to post just random thoughts and questions?

In terms of the SW planet sets, read one of my reviews of them. Here is an overview of it if you are lazy though: Planet sets come in series type releases which is similar to the CMS. My prediction is that since these have short shelf life, like the CMS, they will also increase in value similarly to the CMS (quickly). Plus, since these are low costing sets, they are easy for you to buy a lot of them.

As for the Planet sets, I am a big fan of those, also. Nice display pieces. Another series of sets that are of collectible nature. I have multiples of all of them.

Ed - Do you find these to be a storage pain? I cannot find a good way to store them without taking up so much dang room!

In terms of the SW planet sets, read one of my reviews of them. Here is an overview of it if you are lazy though: Planet sets come in series type releases which is similar to the CMS. My prediction is that since these have short shelf life, like the CMS, they will also increase in value similarly to the CMS (quickly). Plus, since these are low costing sets, they are easy for you to buy a lot of them.Damn that was an old post.........I am a little more seasoned now ;)

In terms of the SW planet sets, read one of my reviews of them. Here is an overview of it if you are lazy though: Planet sets come in series type releases which is similar to the CMS. My prediction is that since these have short shelf life, like the CMS, they will also increase in value similarly to the CMS (quickly). Plus, since these are low costing sets, they are easy for you to buy a lot of them.Damn that was an old post.........I am a little more seasoned now ;) Whoops, I didn't even bother to read the date! I assumed it was a recent one. My bad.

Has anyone ever looked into flipping plain green or blue 10" by 10" baseplates? The only place you can get them at a decent rate is the Lego Store at $4.99 ea. If you look at Ebay or Amazon, they're around $8.00. Thoughts?

Not really sure why the Amazon price is so much higher than LEGO Shop at Home. I think that unless you can get these for less than $3, it is hard to make a profit. To make it worth it to ship, you have to get for even less than that.

Personally I don't think it is worth the effort.

Ed - Do you find these to be a storage pain? I cannot find a good way to store them without taking up so much dang room!Put them in a larger box and alternate them so that the balls are not on the same side of the ones next to it. Larger box so that they don't fall down as easily. Also protects them a little better.]

Store them like this:

PdPdPdPdPdPdPdPdPdPdPdPd

The circles of the P or d is showing the side of the box that the ball is protruding from.

Hope this helps justgod!

Has anyone ever looked into flipping plain green or blue 10" by 10" baseplates? The only place you can get them at a decent rate is the Lego Store at $4.99 ea. If you look at Ebay or Amazon, they're around $8.00. Thoughts?

There's not enough margin there to make a profit after fees and shipping. You would need to get the baseplates at a deep discount to make a good profit on them.

There's not enough margin there to make a profit after fees and shipping. You would need to get the baseplates at a deep discount to make a good profit on them.We're on the same page, Darth Lego! I 100% agree with you.You are probably right. What caught my eye was a listing for $8.99 + $3.99 S&****. They've sold 80+ in the last month. But you'd only be looking at roughly 30% - 40% profits after fees and shipping not to mention all the time and hassle.

• 1 month later...

Do you think this is worth it? http://tijuana.es.craigslist.com.mx/tag/3659730537.html It says 100 figures and all that is in the container for $250 dlls, it looks like a good deal but I'm not sure and also don't have the money, would you buy it? Edit: Ugh, its from March 4, I guess its not available anymore.

Do you think this is worth it?

http://tijuana.es.craigslist.com.mx/tag/3659730537.html

It says 100 figures and all that is in the container for $250 dlls, it looks like a good deal but I'm not sure and also don't have the money, would you buy it?

I think this is a good deal. $2.50 per fig is good, plus you get the pieces too! I'll bet you can flip it for at least $450 for the figs alone.