SW UCS Set...Are any on their way out?

comicblast

With the release of the 10236 Ewok Village, there will be 6 SW UCS models available at LEGO Shop at Home. To my knowledge, there haven't that many available at the same time in a long time. Should we be expecting some of the models to take a retirement? I'm guessing we can take the 10188 Death Star out of the equation, so that leaves the Super Star Destroyer as the oldest model currently. Is it on its way out?

Emazers has said that the SSD is the next one to go. Without emazers its hard to tell which UCS sets are going.

Do you mind providing the link for the thread for that?

I lean more towards the B-Wing going next.

I thought so too, but I don't really know when anything is going to be going out. TLG rarely puts anything 50% off, which makes both of us and a bunch of others think that it was under performing.

I'd go with SSD and Bwing both going out soon 

I agree with this. I heard the production of the B-Wing in the U.S. ceased at the end of May. There certainly could still be many left sitting in a warehouse somewhere, but I think that's a sign it could be retiring for good.

Emazers has solid information so I agree that the SSD is going EOL soon too.

The Ewok Village and Death Star are not UCS sets.

I can see both the SSD and B-Wing going soon, but probably the SSD first, it's get rarer for me to find locally.

Really? I was under the impresession that the DS was since it is usually listed in the UCS page in LEGO catalogs. I guess I need to get out of my he ad the idea that SW sets with more than 2000 pieces are for sure UCS sets.... :P My bad.

If anyone is interested, the SSD is on amazon right now for $269.99 from a secondary seller, and he is charging $12 shipping, which brings to a total of right around $382. You save only a fraction, but if you have the funds (I don't) then I would encourage you to grab one ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Just notice B-Wing showing 'Sold out' on S&****...

That set's been in and out for the last few months...back order, sold out, in stock, etc. I wouldn't rely on this too much to say that the B-Wing is retiring, but thanks for the heads up, Gperson100! Also, welcome to BrickPicker!

Emazers also said the Death Star will be here through 2014.

I know most of us are waiting for holiday sales to pick up some SSDs, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they were gone before then. There's only so much space in a Lego store...

I am afraid of that. I am going to get one or two before they go. Just gotta figure out how...