Hi, I'm back (and with a question)

Teeird

Hi community,

It's been around three months since I last visted this site (work + a different business venture took my time/interest). However, since I found a few lego bargains at my local stores a few days ago, my 'brick' high has occured once again.

In lack of a better sub forum to post such a thread, I put this in the Odds and Ends. Please move this to a more appropriate sub forum if warrented.

I'm getting back into the lego business, I'm going to start up a lego store website focused around selling minifigs in the near future. I'm fully aware this will be a difficult task to pull off at first due to the nature of things (getting viewers and a customer base). So Brickpicker staff, here's my question: Would it be alright to post in some Brickpicker sub forum about my lego selling website? I know awhile back there was some stuff planned about advertising your Ebay sales on here down the road, I'm not sure if that idea ever saw reality or not. Crossing my fingers that this is allowed because it will definately help me a lot during the first few months of my business. I'm aware it's perfectly fine if you won't allow such a thing. Regardless of any answer given, you have my thanks Brickpicker staff.

-T

Welcome back. It's been a busy three months since you we're away. With the new forum upgrade and International Price guide, there have been some major changes. What I can tell you is that Brick Classifieds are coming and are being worked on as we speak. There was kind of a major change in our philosophy about the Classifieds and how it interacts with the rest of the site. With the new forum upgrade, the ability to tie in Brickpoints to the Classifieds became a reality. So our while the idea of a very cost effective LEGO marketplace is still in play, the manner in which members can pay for listings also changed. Brickpoints will be used as the site currency and for many members, listings will be FREE in real money terms.

So sit tight and give us a couple of weeks here to get it rolling. ;-)

• Like 1

Welcome back. It's been a busy three months since you we're away. With the new forum upgrade and International Price guide, there have been some major changes. What I can tell you is that Brick Classifieds are coming and are being worked on as we speak. There was kind of a major change in our philosophy about the Classifieds and how it interacts with the rest of the site. With the new forum upgrade, the ability to tie in Brickpoints to the Classifieds became a reality. So our while the idea of a very cost effective LEGO marketplace is still in play, the manner in which members can pay for listings also changed. Brickpoints will be used as the site currency and for many members, listings will be FREE in real money terms.

So sit tight and give us a couple of weeks here to get it rolling. ;-)

That's great to hear. Will it be possible to advertise my site in the classifieds (when it launches)?

Also I noticed the changes to now using IP.Board, good on you! Glad to see this site is seeing big changes over the time I've been gone.

That's great to hear. Will it be possible to advertise my site in the classifieds (when it launches)?

Also I noticed the changes to now using IP.Board, good on you! Glad to see this site is seeing big changes over the time I've been gone.

You will be able to have a store if you want or advertise other sites or listings elsewhere.

Hmm. Is that a yes? I will be able to advertise my site on a classified listing? I'm sorry I'm a bit confused at your statement.

To be honest, let us launch this first so that you can see what it is that we are doing.  Then once you see that, then you can show what you want to "advertise"  If you truly want to advertise your site, we can come up with other solutions, but we don't want the forum or classifieds becoming a marketing nightmare.

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys! I've been too caught up in this virtual economy trading simulator that I forgot about my legos!

@Jeff

Thanks for the clarification. I shall wait until your update comes out, good luck on that. :)

@comicblast

Thanks man, yeah I better get reading, I don't stand out like a sore thumb in this top notch lego investing community.