Making a wish list

I've followed the recent thread about what should be on one's wish list, but I have a slightly different question.  What is the best way or ways to keep a wish list and how have you gone about creating it?  It's easy to make a note of sets I would like to buy for investment purposes, but that seems a little disorganized to me.  I'm assuming you go by year it hit the shelves and the EOL predictions so you aren't stocking up on Lone Ranger when Fire Brigade may be EOL soon.  But is there a good process you can recommend to start and maintain a wish list?

Also, there is so much information here and deals that are posted everyday, it becomes hard to know what to focus on.  I'm thinking with my own wish list I can look for the deals that suit my needs, which will help filter other data.

If there is a discussion thread already on this, I'm happy to go there instead of starting fresh.

Thanks in advance.

For me my wishlist is dictated by prices. Sure I'd love to buy several more 10179s, but why would I when I can still find other sets that are appreciating well for around and under retail? Get what I'm saying. I have tons of Vintage sets on my Wishlist that I'm slowly chipping away at.. but what really gets me to buy is a good deal with a good return =) hope that helps

I keep it all in a spreadsheet.  I have all the sets I currently have in my inventory and the average cost of them listed so that I can quickly compare that cost per unit to a potential purchase opportunity.  I also have a separate list of sets I don't have but are "on my radar" and have them listed with the retail price and most of them have a discounted price as well that I have seen before in the past so I can compare any new deals.

Other times I just go with my gut  :hmm: