Lego Factory Expansions?

Quacs

I am not worried about this.  If they leave products in the stores too long they just won't sell as many b/c they have to keep it fresh, people will only buy so many sets, even investors.  Kids only need one set of each.   (Of course I know someone is going to bring up the one or two exceptions.)  We can all see what moves in the stores and what doesn't.  They can't just make as many different sets as they want b/c they have limited shelf space in each store.  They have a couple of different choices...make a ton of the same sets which we will notice and cut back on buying b/c there will be more sales and more of the same product on the shelf.  They can make a larger variety of sets which means, due to limited shelf space, would have to retire sets faster...

Let's hope that they are planning to try and get a larger foothold in the Far East.

But I could be completely wrong and just talking out of my ass.

With all due respect, Quacs, you don't have to start a new thread every time you post a new article on your blog. I'm sure that members can see the blogs section right under the Discussion Board section. You can post it in your old one at http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3998-my-new-brickvesting-blog-article-is-up/?hl=blog. I wholehearted understand that you want people to see your blog.

However, in regards to your original post, here's what I think. 

Expansion of any company is a good sign, for both the consumer and the producer. As Pickleboy pointed out though, people only buy so many sets. The Asia front, is probably the "final frontier" of TLG. Though lower quality toys, TLG probably is able to have an increased number of customers. I'm not sure what the cause of inflated prices in other countries outside the USA is. The main cause can't be transportation because Central Europe and Western Europe are near LEGO manufacturing plants, but still have higher prices than the US. The US doesn't have any manufacturing plants, but they do have a fairly large LEGO fanbase, which could be a factor, though unlikely.