What Lego set did you buy today?

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Sales or Purchases? The 16x AT-AT at 2xRRP confuse me.

Purchases. The demand for this set is rather insane. The price would have to fall quite a bit for me to lose money on them. The individual I bought them from always provides sets in 3 layers of bubble wrap so its a pretty easy transition to selling them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tom J said:

Where did you get the mixels that cheap? I got that series for about 1.66 each in an Argos sale a while back. Was the IR showing on stock checker online? I had recent success with a Pet Shop tucked away up top at Smyths, they couldn't believe I had spotted it

Got them in Asda, don't think it's national as I tried a couple of other stores to see if they had them but no luck. The IR was oos according to their stock checker, I only saw it as a member of staff was getting a city cargo train down and there it was so thought it would be rude not to take it home.

• Like 1

Total newbie to buying bricks as an investment. So far I only bought stuff I wanted to build or as presents for my kids. I'm obviously still completely clueless, but I bought myself a spaceport, van & camper as well as some Mr. T and Stay Puft Fun Sets for 30-35% off RRP (which I assume means regular retail price?). If all else fails I'll have some fun sets to build with the kids :-) 

Anyways. Was fun to give it a first go.

Edited by arien101
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, arien101 said:

Total newbie to buying bricks as an investment. So far I only bought stuff I wanted to build or as presents for my kids. I'm obviously still completely clueless, but I bought myself a spaceport, van & camper as well as some Mr. T and Stay Puft Fun Sets for 30-35% off RRP (which I assume means regular retail price?). If all else fails I'll have some fun sets to build with the kids :-) 

Anyways. Was fun to give it a first go.

This guy gets it! Don't go full retail!  Don't pay full retail UNLESS you want any of the LEGO Shop At Home Freebies OR the set is exceedingly rare due to retirement OR severely high demand due to miscellaneous reasons like hoarding, limited production runs, or popularity.

Welcome to the madness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benjaminmsmith1 said:

$17 for resistance transporter at walmart. looks like a return from target, a little beat up but no complaints at that price.20161222_201456.jpg

Nice find! That reseller sticker is a PITA to get off.  Be careful, I cut myself the other day trying to remove it from my Ariel Palace set.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, botchy123 said:

3 x 60032  £3.99 each

5 x 10677 £7.99 each

4 x 76014 £9.60 each

2 x 76019 £15.99 each

5 x 75072 £7.20 each

2 x 75076 £7.20 each

3 x 75001 £9.60 each

Where did you get the 76019 from?

i see you have quite a few small Star Wars sets, I find these don't seem to do that well post retirement, maybe I've just had the wrong sets