What Lego set did you buy today?

5 minutes ago, clouddead said:

In Turin, Italy 

Shop's name is GIROTONDO, they had a 20% discount on all sets included the newest(which of course were overpriced).

So GBHQ will not be limited to SAH. Good news for people who waited out and buying it below RRP.

On 7.6.2016 at 9:52 PM, kiltyoneal said:

Lol ... I have no idea.  I saw it on a top shelf in the toy section of this store.  I had seen 3 of them up there several months ago.  There was one left today.  No pricing on the shelf.  Just sitting there glistening in the glow of Walmart lighting.  Oh a whim I decided to look it up on an online inventory checker.  I cried a bit when it said $12.  Grabbed the box from the top shelf and took it to a price checker.  Cried a little more when it scanned at $12.

Do I understand this correctly that an honorable brickpicker left a lone copy for little Timmy and you just grabbed it? :devil:

Anyway, this sounds like the deal of a lifetime. Congratulations! :bow:

• Like 4

Picked up a used but mint Simpson's house today for £104 delivered. Been after this set for my personal collection for a while, am happy with that price. Plan to start the Kwik E Mart this weekend, then the house straight after. Best make some more room on the shelf!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

arrived today, this is for my older daughter (and I suspect for wife as well)

hp1.jpg

hp2.jpg

Oh wow. I would be so jazzed if Lego remade this with the upcoming movie as an excuse for doing so. My dream set!

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1

Bought another Grand Emporium and my first Fire Brigade for my modular collection (paid approximately 565€ for both). I'd rather have preferred to bricklink the parts I will need for an enlarged GE at some point but the dark green windows alone already account for two thirds of the price I paid for one GE.

Now only Green Grocer and Cafe Corner are still on my want list as I can easily do without Market Street.

• Like 1

Found a Ghost at a B&N. Paid full retail, but I'll do alright on it. I found a Phantom at a Walmart last weekend (half off) but I already have a buyer lined up for it. He's going to be in my town this week, so I'm going to try to get about $15 over what I paid for the Ghost after tax, for a quick, no-ship profit of $40 on both. If not, I'll hold out for closer to $50 profit later on the Ghost alone. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

When will I ever learn.

Got pulled into buying two Spider-man Ghost Rider Team Ups because they were 40% off. I hate Super Hero sets, why am I buying them :thumbsd:

I can buy one from you if you want. I'm looking for one to build but haven't found the right discount yet.

Used the Target $10 off $50 to pick up a few things I've wanted for personal builds (honestly, I'm not really into that much resale- I think I'm hanging out here mostly because I love charts and graphs!). Prices online were a little lower than in store, so I ordered online for in-store pickup. 

City Deep Sea Explorers Scuba Scooter (60090), Submarine (60092), and Starter (60091) sets

Superheroes Attack on Avengers Tower (76038) and Hydra Showdown (76030)

Husband immediately picked up the submarine and asked if he could build it. :)

Edited by scrappyJedi
  • Like 1

LEGO® Super Heroes Brainiac Attack 76040
Qty:  3    $67.47
$22.49 ea.

discounts:
spend $50 save $10 on select Super Hero, City, and Friends with code LEGO
REDcard 5% Discount
-$12.87
tax:    
$4.64
total:    
$59.24

$20 dollars each seems like a decent deal for these. Hope to sell at around $30 around xmas.

41 minutes ago, Derricku said:

LEGO00ae.png Super Heroes Brainiac Attack 76040
Qty:  3    $67.47
$22.49 ea.

discounts:
spend $50 save $10 on select Super Hero, City, and Friends with code LEGO
REDcard 5% Discount
-$12.87
tax:    
$4.64
total:    
$59.24

$20 dollars each seems like a decent deal for these. Hope to sell at around $30 around xmas.

These sell for $35 now. 

• Like 1